By chocolateisyum - 09/10/2011 11:13 - Australia

Today, I came home from work to find the front door wide open, the stove on, my 5 year old cutting up the curtain, and my 2 year old smearing chocolate sauce on the floor. My fiancé was nowhere to be found. Later on, I got a text from him saying that he'd gone to watch the footy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 150
You deserved it 4 738

chocolateisyum tells us more.

Top comments

Sounds like a Mr. Bean movie. Also what on earth is the footy? O.O

Comments

ardencred 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
strawbewwysoda 4

#37 You're a ******* jackass. Just because they aren't his kids he should leave them in a house by themselves when they're 2 and 5? I sincerely hope you never go anywhere near children let alone procreate because you obviously have your head up your ass so far you can watch your food digesting. They're kids. Regardless of paternity, he should take care of them if he's the only adult in the house. Or at least call a ******* babysitter for ****'s sake.

Poetaster 10

Obviously this comment was intended to make us chuckle.... Otherwise your an idiot.

#58, #60, ladies please calm yourselves. It was really obviously sarcasm.

KiddNYC1O 20

Devil's advocate- Poorly read.

mom2pen 4

Dump him, dump him now. Your children' s well being is at stake.

Then he deserves a bigger ass beating for leaving his 5 y.o and 2 y.o alone at home while he took his selfish ass out to watch footy.. With a father like that who needs strangers.. My hubby wouldn't be breathing if he left our son home alone

Did you (OP) go alpha fiancée on his ass?

Is it really that hard to figure out what footy is? I would think the word "watch" would be a dead give away. Lol OP, count your blessings that your children were not harmed. Everything can be replaced except your children's lives. I would be pissed at my fiancé for putting my kids at risk!

I perform AEA on myself. Should be obvious what it is because I used the word perform.

Glockinator 2

People are getting thumbs down of they say stay or if they say leave. If the kids were older okay that's not a big deal but 2 and 5!? That's not a person that needs to be left with kids. To say people shouldn't leave over one mistake is true.... Except one mistake could have cost this mom a lot

perdix 29

10) Leaving the chocolate sauce unattended.

CyonideCyns 0

And the front door wide open, who knows who could have come in.

drawmesunshine 17

His IQ must be zilch, not to mention his consideration for others, but I don't imagine HE left the stove on and the door open. Toddlers get into EVERYTHING, push buttons on EVERYTHING, and have no sense of danger. My money is on the kids turned on the stove and opened the door. However, they would not have done so with proper adult supervision. OP's fiance is an irresponsible, selfish idiot for leaving the kids alone. I hope she brought some sort of legal action against him. OP, dump the ******, but don't forget how lucky you are: you still have both your kids.

miZscrZee 0

Is he being serious right now?

Corygerm 9
kookookachooo 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

"Skrewed up" is an understatement, 53. He left a pair of toddlers with no supervision, with the front door wide open and the stove on. Literally anyone could have walked in and kidnapped the kids and/or robbed everything. The stove could have caught fire. Any number of other bad things could have happened.

Poetaster 10

This was an epic fail- to violate the trust of your mate when she entrusts you with her most valuable things in life is, in my opinion, unforgivable. And, for those of you trying to drag your negative life experiences into this- it's not about you- go get thereapy.

supermankisses 1

53: you obviously have never been in the real world, where kids are involved. Fail to you.

Kookoo> Shut up. I was in a 7 yr relationship. When ur partner puts himself first and places ur children in a dangerous situation over his own needs then its good enough reason to leave his ass. Just cuz ure willing to put ur children at risk doesn't mean everyone else will.

53.. You're relationship may be that kookoo.. However been married for 14 years I can't imagine giving a free pass on something like this to anyone!

RockstarRN 10

Since door was wide open they could have wondered outside..been kidnapped, ran over by car, house could have burned down since stove was on, I could go on and on. I believe endangering multiple children's lives qualifies for a break up or divorce. Kookoo, your husband must be a real winner!

perdix 29

Are they his kids? Why didn't the dumb **** take the kids to the game?

Poetaster 10

Don't matter who's kids they are. He was given the responsibility of watching over them and failed. Boot him.

perdix 29

He deserves the boot in either case, but it seems worse if they're his kids. Otherwise, he's just hateful.