By chocolateisyum - 09/10/2011 11:13 - Australia

Today, I came home from work to find the front door wide open, the stove on, my 5 year old cutting up the curtain, and my 2 year old smearing chocolate sauce on the floor. My fiancé was nowhere to be found. Later on, I got a text from him saying that he'd gone to watch the footy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 150
You deserved it 4 738

chocolateisyum tells us more.

Top comments

Sounds like a Mr. Bean movie. Also what on earth is the footy? O.O

Comments

fijianchick 0

I hope you leave him. He can't even take care of your kids properly.

JinxosGirl87 0

I'm going to assume "footy" is football. Yeah, dump the irresponsible ass, your kid's welfare is more important.

LotsaLaughs 5

he could get arrested for that..?(:

dontpanic_fml 32
LotsaLaughs 5
NoNotTheFace 8

Why did he go to watch footy? Ask him not to waste his time and energy. He could have just watched footy at home. Watch your foot slide up his ass. GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

You assume that they have a tv, have that particular channel, and that there's isn't a need for licensing your tv, like in England. I hope op dumped his ass.

"You assume that they have a tv" What the ****? We're talking about Australia here, not some third world country. Of course they have a ******* TV. "licensing your tv, like in England" Again, this FML take's place in Australia, dipshit. On an unrelated note, charging 145 quid just to watch TV for a year? And that money goes to BBC? Why? We have something like the BBC in the states, it's called PBS. Guess what, we don't have to pay hundreds a year for it. It's supported through various alternate methods, none of which directly charge the American tv watcher. Honestly, between this, the ubiquitous security cameras in parts of the Isles, and your society having a higher violent crime rate than the United State's, I wonder if Britain is not devolving into an autocratic society. Brave New World won't happen to you in the mid 26th century. You're speeding toward it at record speed.

puppy23 3

PBS has commericals and isn't impartial. I'm not sure you realise what the BBC actually means or represents.

laurbear12 3

147: Various alternate methods. A commercial is an alternate method. Do you really lack the comprehension needed to see that? And it's no more biased than any other public broadcasting medium. 168: Yeah, I guess I do sound a bit intense on that comment. But I still believe everything I said.

I'm wondering why you care at all about licensing in England when you don't live there. It's someone else's problem. No need to get all worked up about it.

puppy23 3

A commercial may be an 'alternative' method but it is in every way inferior to the BBC. It's like saying a kiddies tricycle is an 'alternative method' of transport to a car. A commercial means sponsorship, that means bias perspective. Anyway you're obviously incapable of basic comprehension or reasoning so I'm done with you. I do suggest you get an education though.

Aw, everything that has a commercial in it is automatically biased? We all should just avoid everything we encounter in life then, because everything is tainted and spoiled. If you know of a utopia where all media is both free of cost and free of advertisements, tell us what it is, #250. Until then, I'll continue watching the Simpsons on my television for only a couple of bucks worth of electricity a month, plus 6 minutes of commercials that I frankly use as time to do something else, so it's like they're not even there.

" the footy " is the Australian Football League (:

Let my guess...you're from Victoria? Footy can also be rugby league, and sometimes even union.

The footy refers to football it doesn't necessarily mean Australian football, we call it footy here in the UK also.

The footy refers to football it doesn't necessarily mean Australian football, we call it footy here in the UK also.

RebekahBrooke 9

Please tell me the marriage is off.

IThinkItsAlright 7

I was thinking murder but I think this is a less risky choice

rawrr61 4

You know, if you keep baby-ing them, they'll never be fully-functioning adults. You should be thanking your fiancé.

It's not quite the same when you leave a 2 year old and a five year old alone - you are going to make a terrible parent.

Don't you just love how every sarcastic comment on FML gets thumbed down by a bunch of idiots who take it seriously?

I thumbed up it. Lol. I thought it was funny.

Maybe it is because there are some things, like the welfare of children, that shouldn't be made fun of. They aren't idiots, they are people with a sense of ethics...if you want an idiot, look in the mirror.

Shouldn't be made fun of...? You realize the sole purpose of this site is humor, right? Right?

#47, I'm not entirely sure #29's comment was sarcastic.

shake_my_head 2

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
megan61295 1