By that one anon - 07/05/2015 06:27 - United States - San Diego

Today, I called one of my old coworkers to see how she was doing. My boyfriend answered the phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 945
You deserved it 2 535

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That seriously sucks. At least we know who the office ***** is. Move on and forward.

Comments

So your boyfriend isn't permitted to have female friends?

Yeah if they are just friends it is fine - seems quite odd though that OP didn't know about their friendship and that he felt comfortable enough to answer her phone.

TallMist 32

#38 Maybe he just didn't feel the need to talk about her that much? And so what if he answers the phone for her? What if she asked him to while she was away for a few seconds?

That is true - I was assuming it was a house phone in which case I would basically not ever pick it up unless I lived there or had been given explicit permission to do so, a mobile is a bit different as then you can see who is calling so I doubt he would have picked up if he had anything to hide.

TallMist 32

Yeah, I'd like to say this was just paranoia on the OP's part.

The one case where it wouldnt make you the asshole for breaking up with him over the phone

For jumping to conclusions and assuming something shady is going on? Sounds like a pretty asshole reason to dump someone whether over the phone or not.

magickiss87 22

Better to have found it out now than much later on or never. Hope that you kick his ass to the curb. Men will give any excuse they can think of that they think you'd be dumb enough to believe when it comes to cheating and similar actions.

JayVicious 20

where i agree with the first two things you said....you then became sexist on the last. Both sex's are guilty of that.

ENCOURAGER 12

I think she might of been busy...

Today, after being freaking slick and not getting caught cheating on my girlfriend with a former coworker of hers, I didn't think to check the caller ID when a call came through to her house. I decided to be nice and answer the phone. Guess who was on the other end. FML The You Deserve It button now is the Facebook Like button. In other news, tell me you ditched him, please.

Plot twist: OP is actually an overly-attached psycho girlfriend and that wasn't her boyfriend.

Well he's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed. Time to throw that piece of junk out. And maybe sabotage the coworker? :-P

brendejafulable 41

There is no way that was a coincidence. You had suspicions and they were right.

So let's get this straight, she had suspicions, so she decided to call, somehow expecting the boyfriend to pick up? Or in the other case asking if she's seeing her boyfriend, and expecting her to not lie?

the next working day will be awkward ...