By Jessica - 23/03/2013 19:00 - United States - Brighton

Today, I broke up with my boyfriend of seven years. He stared at me, then said, "Yeah, okay then. I'm gonna watch TV now." He then turned on the TV and watched Top Gun. Not quite the response I was hoping for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 764
You deserved it 41 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What were you hoping for exactly? To see him break down in tears for your satisfaction? The poor guy was probably devastated and trying to hold it together.

He cruised through a potentially brutal break-up fight like atrue maverick.

Comments

Maybe he thought you were joking???

simplysarcastics 26

But you wanted a break up.... Why break up with someone and hope it effects them negatively and they end up depressed. Just move on and let him be.

ChiddyBANGr 13

You broke up with him hoping he'd cry & beg for you back? Lol, it may not be the response you hoped for but it's definitely the one you deserved. Evidently, you over-evaluated your desirability.

**** your life? he's the one getting dumped

zanoty 17

You broke up with him shouldn't you be happy he didn't break down crying

I'm sorry were you expecting him to cry and beg for you not to leave?

Wellborn guess any hopes of him getting you back.... (puts on sunglasses) flew out the the window.

Damn thats stupid. Maybe you should have said what you really wanted to say. Instead of playing dumb ass games.

It's hard to tell because I don't know their living situation (or whose house this took place at if they don't live together), but when I read this, I was thinking OP might've been "hoping" her now-ex would...leave? I read this thinking "well, that's awkward that he would just stick around." (Even if he just left for the night and came back at another point to figure out their living arrangements if they had been living together, it would give them the cooling off period that the OP may have been expecting.)