By MitchellSully - 03/12/2009 05:18 - United States

Today, I bought $300 worth of climbing equipment because I had lost mine six months ago, I hadn't gone to the climbing gym since I'd lost it. I went today because I was so excited to go climbing again. However, it turns out that I'd left my gear there, and it had been in the Lost and Found for the past six months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 417
You deserved it 41 050

MitchellSully tells us more.

You can't return allot of climbing equipment, it's against safety regulations because the gear is so fine tuned to make sure that it can hold even 8000lbs. The only gear that I had bought that I could return was the shoes and the chalk bag, but I still couldn't do that because I filled the bag with chalk and wore the shoes already. I didn't find my gear until I was done climbing for the night.

Top comments

Carry oxygen next time you climb. You can't afford to lose the braincells.

Comments

Nomad609 0

so 6 months ago you lost all your equipment at the gym, you came home with.. nothing? how was it lost all at once and wouldnt the personnel be kind enough to post it in a bulletin board.. and why were you at the lost and found area after 6 months, should have done it when you lost the equipment.

gigi37 0

That's what I was thinking, it was lost at the gym and OP never bothered to keep checking lost and found or ask personnel? OP could have also posted a bulletin. Obviously they didn't care that much if they weren't avidly searching for it OP is lucky that the gear was still there

why didn't you check there first you ****** numpty?

so now you have two loads of climbing eqipment... you can mix and match oooh think of the climbing fashion statements you could make!!

How much climbing gear can you get for $300 anyway?

Well shoes tend to be $100-$150 and I bought a pair around $150 cause I thought I should get some nice new shoes, the harness was $60, chalk bag $15, ATC $20, and a bunch of carabiners around $10 each.

I didn't lose my rope at the gym, they provide that.

Skull_300 0

What the ****? TIe a noose.....