By fuck people - 02/08/2013 20:58 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I attended the funeral of a close friend. Most of the other guests were openly grinning and joking around, and the guy in front of me kept muttering, "That's what she said!" during the eulogy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 034
You deserved it 3 184

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Then it seems you were his only true friend there.

That's really sad and disrespectful. Unless he was the type of guy who would rather people joke around than be sad

Comments

tralala453 22

That's horrible. Sorry for your loss OP.

I'm amazed at some people's lack of basic etiquette, respect and decorum. I'm sorry you had to deal with these idiots when you were already grieving. Sorry for your loss.

Aspen_Grace33 27

I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm even more sorry you had to deal with that on a very emotional day. I can understand the grinning and whatnot, as they could have been remembering the good times they'd shared with the deceased, but the guy in front of you was just plain disrespectful.

Take that up to all the people and form an angry mob

Everybody handles grief differently. Maybe he was the type of guy that wouldn't want people to be upset or depressed at his funeral. If those are the type of people that he had around in his life, there's nothing wrong with that and at least they still came to give their respects.

66: For some families, like mine, it is almost a social event. Our extended family is pretty spread out over the US, and a funeral is sometimes the only chance we have to see each other in a few years. We mourn the loss of the person, but we also celebrate their life, and catch up with people we haven't seen in a while.

How disrespectful that is! Sorry for your loss.

It's only ok at a funeral IF the jokes were miscellaneous ones used in simple conversation. But "that's what she said" during a eulogy = throw the bastard out!

I hate those people. even if you didn't like the person being lay to rest show some respect for friends and family who are tore up about losing them. I mean at my great grandmothers funeral my mother talked about how my great grandmother had comforted her when she been crying in December. my sister mutter oh please since December was when my father left my mother tired of her hysteria but, my sister neglected to remember December was when our brother had left for his first tour and that like us my mother was worried about him anyway what I am saying is show respect for those who cared about the deceased person.

Michael Scott much? Also, sorry about your loss!