By Anonymous - 29/07/2014 18:15 - United States

Today, I asked my mom why nobody likes me. She reeled off about a dozen reasons. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 045
You deserved it 9 988

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Rosebudx 32

Because you ask questions and get mad when people answer them honestly?

ScottVining 21

Dont worry us people from the internet like you

Comments

RusticChick 27

Nobody is as real as parents. They compliment you behind your back (sometimes) and talk shit to your face!

Instead of trying to find negative points about you, try to concentrate on the positive ones. You got answers for the question you asked. As her what she likes about you, and you will see the answers are different. I always tell my turtles I like their determination in progressing, and not that they are slow.

Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer. FYL though.

CurlyQute 17

Well... At least she's honest. And maybe you could possibly work on some if those things she mentioned

skittyskatbrat 19

Okay, so now you know she's brutally honest. If you really do have social problems (which is fairly common) at least you've got a parent willing to help you work on them. Some are obvious, like if she said you don't use enough deodorant or brush your teeth often enough. Switching to a stronger brand, brushing more often or effectively, you don't need help with that. But what about the things you CAN change? An annoying laugh, standing too close to others, interrupting them when they speak (a common flaw for guys!), being too loud or mumbling, that sort of thing? Maybe just needing help carrying on a conversation? Either ask your mom for specific advice on how to improve one of the things you want to work on, or ask a teacher (we get this sort of question fairly regularly, actually!!!), a friend's parents, that sort of thing. Get some adult guidance or the guidance of someone who has good talent in that area. Life is growth and improvement. Don't change who you are, but polish it! It's like shaving for a date (guys) or putting on makeup for one (girls). Your family and close friends might never care, but if you want to expand your circle of friends, you need to make yourself sparkle a bit. It might be chewing with your mouth closed, or altering your facial expression to make it more clear that you are an attentive listener, but you can do it. Your mom listed your faults? Ask her what to do about them.

NiceGuysDoWin 21

Agreed wholeheartedly. While I don't believe anyone should change who they fundamentally are just to fit in or be popular, most people could stand to improve on their social graces, grooming habits, and style. As you gain those qualities, you will gain confidence, and confidence attracts people, both in friendship and in romantic interests.

rachangie 19

I have an obnoxiously loud laugh and I've tried to change it but if I find something genuinely funny it comes out anyways. A laugh should not have been listed under things OP can change. OP can change a million things about herself but that still doesn't mean everyone will like her. Some people just never will and she should respect her mothers honesty.

Look, another person who answered that question way better than the parents did. Lol I completely agree!

Tell her the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

You know, it seems harsh and I'd probably say FML too. But I think this a gift for you. At least you know what you can change about yourself then enjoy the results of said change.