By Viciousvixen_21 - 02/04/2011 07:35 - United States

Today, I asked my 2 year old son to clean up his toys. When I bent down to give him a good job kiss afterwards, he punched me in the nose. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 665
You deserved it 12 243

Same thing different taste

Top comments

and let me guess, he got a time out instead of the ass beating he should've gotten.

awardZu 0

If a kid is old enough to throw a punch, they are old enough to get a spanking. It's not abuse (because some of you bleeding heart ******* will say it is, and YOU are what's wrong with kids these days), it's dicipline. You just have to draw the line between spanking & beating, and never cross it.

Comments

heyFMLmanFML 0
tbonea1990 0

smack him upside the head or spank the disrespectful S.O.B

ah he's in his terrible two's. Give him a break.

I would had spanked him good for that I would never let a child hit me

what's with you guy wanting to beat up a 2 year old? this is probably what happend. moms nags kid to pick up stuff. kid does it angrily. mom puts her face in kid to yell. kid gets mad and punches mom. I don't condone him at all but wouldn't u get mad. now if the moms touches him he learns that hitting is okay. also why do u guys want to use a belt and all this disipline bullshit? I rember bieng a kid and all the adults beside my parents were the biggest assholes I've ever known. demanding respect for nothing. I bet some of u guys are the children of them. Btw in my teenage years I showed those adult bullies no one can make kiss there asses. my parents only hit me like 4 times? Rant Over by the grammar Nazis forgive me.

awardZu 0

They aren't talking about beating up a kid. And if some of them are, they wouldn't actually do it. Most of us are talking about dicipline, not abuse. From the sound of it, if you ever have kids, they will never get dicipline & end up snotty little punks. Hell, you sound like a snotty little punk.

so hitting the child is considered discipline? He's in his terrible 2s. It happens. Every person has been through them whether you remember it or not. Discipline is to put them in time out and make them apologize after you explain why they were put in time out... that's how they learn, not by hitting them back, and if you hit them back, you're giving them permission to hit you since kids learn by example. He's 2... you can't expect him to know any better. The most action you use when disciplining is to not say anything and just keep putting them back into time out if they keep leaving until they get the idea that the the parents are in charge, not them. I have kids, I know, and some are older then 2 and one is almost 2. I've been there.

awardZu 0

I have two kids as well, and my oldest was getting swats across the diaper when she was 2, 2 1/2. Never hit her hard, but enough to get her attention & make a noise on the diaper. She never once thought it would be okay to hit back, she knew it was because she was in trouble.

I find that when it comes to discipline, it becomes very controversial and depends on the type of parent. My parents swat me when I was a kid, but I hit my parents a lot when I grew up because they would "hit" and swat me when I was growing up, which is why I don't swat my kids. It also depends on the kid, you know, if they really don't get the hint that the parent is in charge, then in my opinion, it's okay to swat them. My husband and I try so hard to make our point clear enough that our kids don't need a swat. I have 3 kids. My siblings swat their kids, so I do see your point of view, it can get the point across.

johnnybagodonuts 2

YDI, bitch! next time you betta recognize

I want to comment on this but don't want to get into an argument about parenting skills :/ considering I'm only 16 too anyway, my mum scares me shitless she didnt need to hit me (still hit me a few times when I was 5, didn't know why except one time I remember it was something my sister did and I was blamed) she is like a bearshark on experimental steroids. especially when I try to talk about anything verbal abuse if I do, same if I dont so, in short don't hit, just be scary and your kid will turn out the ultimate obedient slave scared to talk or socialise and be forever socially retarded. speaking from experience :/ feel free to troll bellow

Not all children are the same. Some don't respond to scary looks or stuff like that. Some only learn through spankings and what not. I'm only 18 but I've been through it and I've seen others go through it. Some children are, as we say where I'm from, "hardened", because they only learn through licks (spanking) or consequences ( then licks afterwards). You just have to know how to deal with your children.

dr_octagonapus47 4

Wow that is kinda how I feel I got both punishments.