By upset mom - 24/04/2019 04:00

Today, during a meeting, the president of the honor society apologized for being out for a couple of days due to the flu, and wanted to get everything back on track. I mumbled that she hadn't shown good leadership by being out. I guess she heard me, because she said, “Neither does being a teen mom.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 617
You deserved it 6 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When you're sick, you're sick. Sick people are unproductive and spread their sickness to everyone else, hurting company productivity even more. Staying home is the only responsible thing to do and you sound like a clueless asshat.

It's not good leadership to come in sick, potentially spreading the flu to everyone.

Comments

Don't give it a second thought. In a few years, she'll be graduating from college, and probably about to start a decent job, while you'll be stuck in a trailer park with 3 kids by 3 different dads, wondering where you'll get the money to buy your next wine cooler, and this little exchange will be forgotten by both of you.

Better to be out than to spread your germs. Imagine if she came to work and made everyone else sick, that would really suck.

TxKitten79 10

I was the president of a student organization. There were a few times I couldn't be at meetings. You deserved what you got for being a snarky shit.

OP I assume you are the teen Mom. So you'd rather she come in sick and give her bug to you so you can pass it on to your child...yeah real ******* responsible Mom of the Year material there you judgmental prig.

Phil 14

What, you're in the honor society, and you can't spell either?

You SOOOOO deserved that. Should she have turned up and given you all the flu? Stop being an asshat.

How would they be a good leader if they were sick and then proceeded to get everyone around them sick? If they just played hooky, then sure, that would be bad leadership. YDI

You really think she should have been there with the flu? Being a leader is being responsible, and responsibility is staying home when you have the flu so as to not spread it, especially to a mother of young children. You completely deserved that comeback, and honestly more, for being so stupid and disrespectful.

You would rather she come in with the flu and infect everyone?