By Anonymous - 07/03/2012 06:46 - United States

Today, at work, we had an extremely rude customer who started cussing at us, and my coworker started cussing back. I jumped on the register to quickly bring down the line, and apologized to everyone for the scene. A secret shopper was in the line and claimed that I was rude. I got written up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 899
You deserved it 2 474

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sinamoi 18
perdix 29

That's why I always carry a little notepad and a pen when I go to a store, look around furtively and mumble into my lapel. They think I'm a secret shopper and treat me like a king.

Comments

You can get your point across without using profanity. If they do decided to defend their argument then he has a better chance of keeping his job if he doesn't start using vulgar language.

You must be super athletic to jump up onto the register! You should have gotten a raise just for that; unless of course you broke the register by jumping on it.

I think she liked the sense. U should cuss at her and tell her to get a real job rather than sneaking at others.

Feedmyaddiction5 14

those secret shoppers will get you. i got wrote up because the customer had to wait about 20 seconds for me to greet them. that was their exact words in the secret shopper report

I feel you pain. I work at Safeway in Canada an the exact thing happened to me but I didn't cuss back or be rude and still got a bad score on the shop.

Your boss and that secret shopper deserve each other. If you got written up because of your behaviour in trying to quell the tension by helping the other customers and restoring the company's image that your co-worker was obviously destroying, your boss is an ass not to take all this into consideration. Sorry, OP. FYL.

megamandude455 10
malorie0987 2

Wow u shouldn't have been written up