By nomade319 - 16/05/2013 02:57 - Canada - Winnipeg

Today, at Toronto airport, the customs officer checked my passport, then called his colleagues to confirm whether my country, Madagascar, really existed or not. Then, he took a picture of himself with me so he could show his kids that people actually live in their favorite cartoon’s country. FML
I agree, your life sucks 850
You deserved it 58

Top comments

TyroneB 22

Sorry OP but it appears that no matter where you fly to you can't escape ignorant people.

dragoongirl90 34

And people think Americans are dumb. It's not Americans, it's not one specific country or race or gender or religion. It's people. People are total and complete fuckshank morons in general and you get one or two nice, mature, intelligent, good people from each category.

Comments

i really doubt this... t.o has one of our largest international airports... madagascar is a beautiful (and expensive) place visited by many....

takeittoem 8

Ignorance like this scares the hell out of me. F all of humanity's lives.... ugh.

But Canada isn't real so how did you get there?!?

LostInTheZone11 29

Guess that person never played Risk.

how was my comment moderated lol. I said i doubted that this was true because the t.o ( aka Toronto) airport is one of the largest international airports in canada...and that madagascar is a beautiful (and expensive) place that many visit . Really though FMl? That sad because i disagree with your changes? please

Sorry but I call BS on this one, agents go through rigorous training programs as well as having to scan and process passports. This makes it impossible for the agent to be unaware on this level unless the agent was simply being cheeky.

wow. And he works at an airport. mind. blown.

You'd think someone who works at an airport would at least have heard of most countries...

The ignorance doesn't seem to suck-ish but I'm glad you didn't miss your flight because of that. It happen to me back in February, the check out lady just had to know "where I got my outfit" and my plane decided to take off early.