By whoops - 09/07/2014 05:38 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, at my football game, I turned around to spit so that it would be away from my teammates. I ended up spitting on a 10-year-old kid walking behind me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 740
You deserved it 20 152

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Got to take a second look perhaps next time?

ToySoldier92 7

YDI - I don't get why all the players feel the need to do it all the time..

Comments

Got to take a second look perhaps next time?

1, if it's a habit to spit it's just an instinct and it just happens. Ik it's not good. Haha I've done something similar OP. I feel you. It's alright though just say sorry. Lol

Hopefully you didn't traumatize the kid too bad....

I sincerely hope that something as minor as accidentally being spit on is not traumatizing for a 10 year-old, albeit they probably deemed the situation to be rather upsetting. I also find it highly likely that OP apologized considering that OP felt it was an FML moment and used the word "accidentally" in reference to the incident.

That's one fan you lost OP. Or maybe he's a superfan and he'll never wipe it off

ToySoldier92 7

YDI - I don't get why all the players feel the need to do it all the time..

cadillacgal79 32

I'm in no sports, yet I spit all the time, I might be the only girl that does so at my school. I feel OP doesn't deserve this, how was he suppose to know that somebody was coming up behind him? Assuming that he was only a little way from the players you'd expect no other people not involved in the game out on the field.

MzZombicidal 36

#11, OP could have very well been on the sidelines.

13, he probably was on the sidelines. You still wouldn't expect a 10yo kid to be there.

Do you realize how thick (and even at times phlegmy) saliva can get when exercising so intensely? That's not something you keep in your mouth ...

ColonelCusswords 24

I heard that spitting sometimes helps hydration when it starts getting thick

Then you must not play football. Do you know how gross a smelly mouthpiece is?

cadillacgal79 32

No, I exercise a lot hence my spitting all the time.

Why bother to put that you don't do sports if you exercise all the time? It's basically the same reason. Besides, even if you think it's okay when you are exercising, you definitely shouldn't do it when you're not. Gross and unhygienic.

legoman213579 13
pwnman 33

You should have looked where you were spitting, OP. I assume it was a crowded place.

Wizardo 33

He shoots, he scores! Right out of the top drawer and between the little ones eyes. Sensational, absolutely sensational *tears in eyes*

Should of just swallowed. :( Sorry OP.

Spit is disgusting to swallow, especially when playing sports and it gets thick.

Based on negative votes for both options, OP shouldn't have spat nor swallowed. The other logical option then would be to fish it out with a sponge.

ColonelCusswords 24

#30 your solution is perfect. Ill start carrying sponges to baseball games and hand them out to players

ColonelCusswords 24
ThomasBombadil 31

I feel like the kid should have written this FML.

Today, I was going to my big brother's game then some asshole spat on me. FML

Spitters are quitters you should have just swallowed it and saved the little boy from a future fear of football players

I don't know why your comment keeps getting negative votes. Totally agree withthis

I don't think the kid will have a future fear of football players. It's spit, it's not like op punched him.

I mean it was a ******* reference mostly meant as a joke but I mean getting a face full of phlegm could be pretty traumatizing.

TheKingKen 22

"Today, I was watching a football game. I was walking behind one of the players and he suddenly turned around and spat on me. FML".