By fish mom - 13/08/2018 21:50 - United States - Odenton

Today, at 2:30 in the morning, my brand new fish tank cracked and spilled ten gallons of water into my carpet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 278
You deserved it 239

fishyrael tells us more.

This is my FML and YES THE FISH ARE OKAY. Well, mostly. It drained too quickly for me to save the carpet, which has since been ripped up to let the subfloor dry, but not too quickly for me to get them out into cups. My betta was incredibly stressed and grumpy, and the catfish were in a panic and huddled together. The snail didn't seem to notice anything was going on at the time, but has since passed away, I think from stress. RIP Snailbert. I tried about 8 different treatments to dry the carpet and none of them really worked, so I'm gonna have to replace the carpet, I think. The ceiling of the floor below is also pretty ****** from the water damage. I have no idea why the tank failed, it was on a level surface, average price for an aquarium starter kit of that size, and was only about three or four months old, but I ran out and bought an emergency tank as soon as the fish store opened and made sure to get quality this time. Still, as a broke-ass college student, this was not an expense I expected to have.

Top comments

FishyFishy 12

The question on everybody's mind is..... are the fish okay?

Mungolikecandy 19

On the bright side, if it is new then it was obviously faulty so the manufacturers may well be paying for that carpet.

Comments

geekynerd88 10