By CaptMacLeod - 26/01/2016 09:18 - United States - Lancaster

Today, after weeks of eating in the same restaurant, I finally worked up the nerve to ask the super-cute cashier for her phone number. "Aw, how cute. Do you have an older brother?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 682
You deserved it 2 142

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Babe, I am the older brother. Want me to prove it back at my place?"

What's the difference in age OP? Or do you have a baby face?

Comments

Jets4Life89 4

You tried man, it is hard to talk to women especially when you wait and let it developed into a crush, nice try keep on swinging for the fences.

I feel like the age difference is important here

Did she give you any signs, or was this a shot in the dark? To me, this is the difference between YDI and FML on this one.

Judging by how she phrased that, this girl seems pretty rude overall. Good thing you found that out early! :)

I noticed all my FMLs get rejected, why is that?

Say yes. Set her up with "your brother." Show up with a fake mustache.

OP here. This was many years ago, when I was fifteen, and the girl was 18-22. Gorgeous. Needless to say I moved on. Wish I had thought of giving her my "brother's" phone # and made a date. This is one of those situations many of us face when the difference of a few years is an uncrossable ravine.

That's a big age gap, and in many states she could get in a lot of trouble so I probably would have responded like her or "oh that's so sweet, but I can't go out with customers" or something like that, idk

I'm not holding it against her; it was just one of those "crushing" moments from teenhood.

yellowzinnias 20

To be honest, I've had to do this several times. I'm 32, look 18 and live in a college town. I've had 18-22-year-olds hit on me when I'm out with my friends and I've had to say, "Oh, that's sweet, but I'm in my thirties...is your dad single?" and laugh. Usually it goes over well; one got huffy and puffy and demanded I.D.

First, congratulations on looking as young as you do. Chuckling at the one demanding ID (that conversation usually runs in the other direction)! Though honestly, your age wouldn't have daunted me much by the time I was 20; I didn't remain shy for too long.