By Anonymous - 17/04/2014 23:24 - United States - Bakersfield

Today, after ten years, our sewing machine broke. My mom tried to return it back to the store she bought it from. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 735
You deserved it 4 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let's hope she doesn't try sewing them after they don't take it back.

that's just crazy trying to return something you've owned for ten years!

Comments

Why would she do that? How old is your mom?

what does her age have to do with anything?

Well , back in the day, companies used to give out warranties that lasted a few years and then some. Today, a product is designed to break exactly the day after a warranty expires; therefore rendering it void. I'd say that age and generation would affect the way someone assumes a warranty would work- unless they took the four hours to read the fine print, of course.

XxXBadAshXxX 27

Unless she got like a twenty year warranty on it, I don't think that'll work..

Did she try turning it on and off again first?

Did it work? I have returned a few things for awhile and they give me a new one no questions asked

Only in America. Years back when I lived in the USA a woman returned a tyre at a Target store. The ironic thing is the store never sold tyres before but she got a refund. Maybe your mum should try returning empty food packages and tell the store clerks the bags were empty when she got home. She might get free food and a refund.

Things like these don't only happen in America. Besides, sewingmachines don't break easily most of the time and have long warranty. It's reasonable OP's mom tried to return it, she should've contacted the manufacturer in stead though.

I agree, however, sometimes manufacturers will tell you to go to a 3rd party ( place where item was purchased or similar) because they don't deal directly with the public.