By caryl101698 - 09/06/2016 01:40 - United States - Medford

Today, after spending $850 on having our siding, roof and windows powerwashed, a 5-minute storm blew the siding clear off the house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 649
You deserved it 1 099

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Malahkaa 19
Jillene 8

Call your home owners insurance, happened to us and they paid for repairs. Siding is like a spouse if you dont nail it good enough it will end up at your neighbors!!

Comments

takeittoem 8

FYL, OP - mother nature's a bitch.

NoThanks999 19

Spent $850 on a worthless *******...

hpdrew15 9

You spent $850 to power wash your house? Seriously

Oh_bother44 11

It's New Jersey. Everything is expensive in Jersey.

Homeowners Insurance sure is wonderful! You can get it all repaired through that. Sucks it happened right after! To the others, it usually costs a 1600sqft home (Approx.13 windows) $100 just for cleaning. Siding can cost a whole lot more especially if you get moss on your north side! It requires chemicals! (We have moss! it's tough to get off!) Roof also gets moss, bird crap, water stains, and I'm assuming they did their gutters too! It really does add up! You don't need a mansion for it to cost that much.

hpdrew15 9

For that much money, I'd just go buy my own pressure washer!

I'll power wash your house for 750.

And you paid someone $850 to do something you could've just as easily done yourself why?

caryl101698 11

So here's the thing - for $850 they powerwashed the siding and roof, scrubbed and cleaned out all gutters and windows. We live in a wooded area and that was a bargain considering the work they did - not to mention the research my college educated brain did - and they were the best, most reasonable company in the area. Luckily, my brother-in-law is a jack of all trades and was able to put the siding back up :)

Oh_bother44 11

Glad you had a relative who was able to help with the siding! It's always nice to know a good handyman:)

Better call soul and Sue mother nature!!!

HazyKinkajou 2

maybe you can get a "rain check" lol

850 omg, seriously a pressure washer and set of ladders is cheaper and you could use them for other things like washing the car and decorating...unless you pay people for that too then you have too much money :)