By Masift - 02/03/2015 17:06 - United States - Sarasota

Today, after many tests and doctor visits, I finally found out the reason for my flu-like symptoms isn't a vitamin deficient or anything. The damn tea I drink every morning makes me feel sick. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 827
You deserved it 5 449

Masift tells us more.

You see, I only drink tea in the mornings with breakfast before I go to class and I feel like crap all day. However I don't drink tea on the weekends (I don't know why) but Sunday morning, I drank the same tea and I started having the symptoms again. And of course as usual, I drank the tea again this morning, and it felt the same.

Top comments

Lools like the tea product you bought isn't quali-tea.

How'd you figure that one out? I'm curious lol

Comments

I have a friend who gets nauseous even from the smell of lavender.

Oh that sucks OP, hope you get better and get a better tea :)

You probably have parasites that don't thrive well with that tea, and secrete toxins to make you feel sick when you drink it.

rocker_chick23 27

You're being sarcastic right? You can't actually believe the drivel you posted.

countryb_cth 38

No what she probably has is a sensitivity to that tea and it makes her stomach upset. That's a lot more likely than what you posted.

Who won? The Boston Tea Party or you?

SydLovesLacey 18

Well just don't drink any more tea.

Wow, such great advice. Almost as good as 'just quit smoking' or 'just stop drinking'.

ouijacorn 9

If you're drinking tea first thing in the morning without any food, that would explain nausea/vomiting. Because most tea is highly acidic, you need to have something else in your stomach to settle it.

It depends on the person and type of tea. Herbal teas like peppermint or ginger are good for your stomach (unless you're allergic of course). I grew up drinking herbal tea first thing before I even decided what to eat for breakfast. But I don't drink black tea, which I've noticed has more of that acidity that you mentioned.

Thanks for the advice, however I do eat toast with jelly on it with the tea as well, and yesterday I tried just eating the toast and drinking milk with it and I felt fine.

I took the same birth control pill for 12 years before it started to give me shortness of breath, racing heart and panic attacks. Sometimes the devil is your neighbor.

I once had something very similar happen to me for a couple of weeks. It turned out to be the garlic in the sandwiches I packed for lunch... ever since then my body will occasionally go through periods where it simply will not tolerate garlic.

heyimrichie 11

The irony considering that tea is suppose to be good for you. Sucks to hear that OP