By Too Many Credits - 08/04/2017 20:00

Today, after having too many projects for end of term, I asked to borrow my sister's paper that she used for the same class last year. After submitting it online, I found the example paper that the teacher handed out. My teacher used my sister's paper from last year as an example for us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 905
You deserved it 13 536

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Enjoy that failing grade. There is absolutely no reason to cheat. YDI, big time.

that was stupid. they usually run papers through that plagiarizing app anyways. ydi

Comments

Enjoy the possibility of being kicked out of that school.

Wow. That's a special level of dumb. I'm sure your teacher would remember a paper from a year ago that your sister wrote. YDI

I really hope you weren't expecting sympathy posting this, because I doubt you'll get any. How ironic for you that your sister's paper was so good it was used as the example, yet you will probably get the worst grade.

All these comments saying, just email the professor and say you uploaded the wrong one - If I were the teacher, I would buy that only if the student IMMEDIATELY uploaded their second "real" paper, then emailed and explained the mix-up, asking me to disregard their first submission. Any time lapse between the first and second submission, at BEST I'd think it was a ploy for more time.

Today, after failing to plan properly for my end of term projects, I decided to cheat. And like a dumbass, I did this by handing in a paper I knew the teacher has already seen just last year. YDI

This, dear children, is why you don't ******* cheat!

AzrielB 8

You would have been better off submitting some crap you polished off in a couple hours. Anything is better than a 0 and possible expulsion. Tell your teacher that you accidentally submitted your template and submit a unique paper in its place.

mariri9206 32

Or they could own up to their cheating, plagiarizing ways and take the zero they deserve instead of being given a chance to hand in a paper they should've done in the first place, instead of resorting to stealing their sister's paper.

Now why would you send the full thing, unedited? I constantly ask for previous works from my friends and work with them, but that is for ideas, everything gets edited, put in my own words. You deserved it.

Technically, that could still be considered plagiarizing. If you take someone else's ideas (even if you rewrite them in your own words) and don't give credit where credit is due, you have put your name on work that isn't yours.

there is such a thing called plagiarism even if it is your sister's paper. YDI