By Anonymous - 21/06/2012 17:43 - Canada - Toronto

Today, after having been constipated for ages, I finally forced out a week's worth of build-up. The excruciating pain reduced me to tears, and my boyfriend refused to drive me to the hospital, because according to him, I must have had anal sex with someone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 806
You deserved it 3 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sunako_fml 9

You boyfriend is an idiot for assuming like that..

That's pretty bad for him to assume something like that.

Comments

TTEmeraldRaven 3

While I understand how he could infer something like that he should still trust and believe what you said, unless he's caught you with another person.

Anal sex wouldn't lead to constipation, it would actually loosen everything up (if not cleaned prior). Your BF is an idiot. Big ***** suck, I couldn't imagine one for a whole week.

That guy's logic is impeccable... -_- First, ditch the dude; second, invest in whole grains and other high-fiber items to make your life less miserable. |the kid|

drumrgonewild 2

Im sorry OP and your bf is a moron

I always herd anal sex does the opposite, u can't control your bowls and u let loose unexpectedly. Either way your boyfriends dumb and kinda a dirt bag. I'm sorry FYL.

Going to the hospital for a DUMP...? I get constipated for 1 to 2 weeks at a time (due to the meds I'm on), and have excruciating pain in my bowels EVERY DAY, and ESPECIALLY during a bowel movement (including a torrent of anal fissures, which hurt like ****). I'M NOT DEAD YET, AM I?!? Sorry, I'm really not trying to sound like a total bitch, and I definitely sympathize with you, but please, PLEASE do not waste the hospital's time by sitting in emerge for this. Unless you're bleeding PROFUSELY out of your ass, just stay home, lay down and let it pass. Guhhh.

..............Oh, thumb down the sick girl with a VALID point? Reeeeeaaaaal nice. :/

TheVelocirabbit 10

I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure you need to drink more water and see a doctor about it. Also, having constipation for 7 days is VERY dangerous and can cause internal bleeding, even if you can't see it.

103- I thumbed you down because I can't stand attention ****** trying to one-up the OP.

I saw a doctor- she said it was IBS aggravated by the medication I'm on, simple as that. I drink ten or more glasses of water a day, mind you. .....And since this has been going on for YEARS, I doubt I'm going to drop dead tomorrow. Instead, my suffering (along with many other complications/illnesses that I have right now) will inevitably continue.

107- oh, really? That's what I'm doing? :/ I'm actually trying to tell the OP that she's wasting time by going to the hospital when there are much SICKER patients that get pushed behind her simply because her bum hurts. And, depending on where she lives, wasting a lot of taxpayer money OR having to pay for it out of her own damn pocket. Don't be a fucktard. Nice try, though.

You've been to your doctor for your condition; what the hell is wrong with OP wanting to do the same? And just because yours is caused by IBS does NOT mean that's what's wrong with OP! In my medical experience, I've seen dozens of people with the same (or very similar) symptoms, and they weren't all IBS... In fact, 3 were potentially fatal without immediate medical intervention. So get off your soap box unless and until you've gotten approved Medical Training. Thank you!

Also, why the **** should it matter who gets "ATTENTION" on the Internet, and why does it seem like you care so damn much? BILLIONS OF PEOPLE on the internet and my post matters THAT MUCH? I highly doubt it. I was posting my point gathered through experience, you dickwad. Next time you make a post about ANYTHING involving yourself, I hope you get flamed.

116- I went to my -DOCTOR-, after YEARS of suffering through this and waiting MONTHS to get an appointment, I didn't go rushing into the ER like OP wants to. And, in fact, I'm pretty ******* sure one time with poopy problems does not constitute an emergency :/ if she's well enough to post on FML, she's not dying. Get a life and stop flaming people for things you don't ******* understand.

TheVelocirabbit 10

Well, I'm sorry it's been happening for years. But constipation can lead to death when it's been happening for a week or more, and the patient won't actually be set behind the sicker. She would probably just be temporarily set in a certain type of room. I've been in one and they just set you up for an afternoon so they can give you some treatments. The people who are sicker are still getting the treatments they need, too. It's not like the hospital has one doctor.

119- where I am, the hospital grades your "emergency" based on your symptoms. If OP really put it on and was groaning in pain and crying, they would take her in assuming it was a ruptured appendix.

I'm an RN. I advise you to get a 2nd opinion on your Dx; that's not normal. Also, I'm pretty sure that 'being a nasty bitch' is NOT a side effect of your stated condition...

TheVelocirabbit 10

I think they'd do a lot more research than just look at the patient and think it's something so horrible. My dad had to get an ultrasound before they knew what was up with him.

118, You realise that because you have some symptoms that diagnose to IBS and medication use it does not at all mean that it's the same case for everyone else right? If doctors just followed your logic then we would have sick people dying all over the place because 'old man johnson's chest pain was just a bit of heartburn, and he didn't go get that checked for weeks...'. If I were you I'd be looking at changing or even getting rid of that medication. You will need to weigh up whether or not it's even worth taking considering the side effects. I don't know what medication it is since there's no information provided but you're at serious risk of early onset complications such as haemmorhoids or rectal prolapses - if you don't have them already. You need to keep seeing different doctors to get this treated as it is not normal to be living like this. By the way, drinking water won't do anything without a healthy diet. Remove excess sugars, cut back on yeast products, increase fibre (if you aren't getting enough), a diet high in vegetables and fruit are important for you. There are a lot of factors to consider that can improve your situation.

I thumbed you down because you tried the sympathy card before anyone even began responding. "thumb down the sick girl". And on that note. I wasn't bleeding PROFUSELY out of my ass. Just enough to turn the bowl red. And I went to the hospital in excruciating pain. Guess what?? I got diagnosed with Crohn's and I nearly went septic. So honestly, OP should maybe go. If she's never had a colonoscopy or even been to a doctor to talk about it, she may not know. It's best to go, just in case it is really serious like mine was. Agreed depending on the time Of day she could call her doctor first. But late at night when you're scared and have no other options, yes! Go!

In all seriousness, rofl, you need to be referred to an experienced gastroenterologist. He/she should do a diagnostic colonoscopy to check for Celiac Disease, Crohn's Disease, and other GI disorders. I'd also ask to be tested for any gluten allergies. It's ridiculous to live your life miserably when it could be an easily treatable/manageable problem. Good luck.

96- the op could of displaced intestine while trying. If they got blocked they could rupture and she would die. There could be many reasons for the pain,many of which could kill or cause quite great harm. And if they do waste time oh well that's a bill she has pay and money the hospital makes. If u don't have a medical degree don't tell people whether or not they are wasting the hospitals time.

Levee44 9

Constipation for a few weeks? No chance of ever causing anything (apart from butthole problems, of course :) ). Where did you get that information? It's not nice to scare people.

Levee44 9

You're not as clever as you think you are.

Levee44 9

Displaced intestine? Not in a million years...

A breakfast of Weetabix (other fibrous cereals are available) and coffee should prevent a re occurrence of your first problem. As for your second... lobotomy? It can't make him any less intelligent.

He sounds like an ass-hat. Useless but makes the absurd bearable