By onthemarket - 08/09/2010 19:46 - United States

Today, after being with my boyfriend for seven years, he finally proposed. To another woman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 577
You deserved it 4 167

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if he hasn't proposed in 7 years, he's obviously up to something or not interested.

Comments

you deserve it for not finding out in 7 years tht he was with someone else

If he didn't propose within seven years I would have been out of there a long time ago. You invested your time, and you get nothing? I don't think so. He probably wasn't cheating on her for the full seven... But if he wanted someone else he should have just ended it. That was a lot of time she could have spent being happy with someone else.

it's prolly cause the other girl could suck start an engine through the tailpipe hahaha oh and fyl cause well that just plain sucks big hairy monkey balls

Kanvis78 0

YDI for having a "boyfriend" for seven years. People who should marry, usually figure it out a bit sooner than 7 YEARS! Great job of being oblivious to the reality of your relationship.

perstephane 4

For everyone saying she should have known something was wrong because they were dating for 7 years: My boyfriend and I will have been dating for 6 next month. We started discussing the fact that we want to get married after we'd been dating for 1. However, we started dating when I was 19 and he was 21, and I wanted to go to law school. We agreed that it would be easier on us to start a marriage if we weren't dealing with my stress from law school and his stress from grad school. I finished law school in July and he's finishing grad school in December, and THEN we're going to get married. There are practical reasons to wait - there's no set deadline for when you've been dating too long. Everyone's circumstances are different.

ergo_fml 13

Sorry you wasted so many years with that douche, OP. :(

If you are in your mid 20's, and if you want to get married, then after 2 years you should tell them that you want to be married. If they hem and haw and are not ready, then you should say that it is time to open the relationship up and start dating others. Either he will realize what he had when it is gone and reignite the flame or it will fizzle and you saved yourself 5 years of your youth. Just be honest about what you want.