By SolarLunix - 24/12/2016 19:52

Today, after a 10-week internship/interview process, I found out that I was passed up for a job I was competing with the other interns for. I also found out that the girl who sat next to me, who constantly borrowed my notes, and who needed help for every task got hired instead of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 140
You deserved it 1 207

SolarLunix tells us more.

Alright, so a lot of you guys are wondering why I would lend my notes to my competition - there were three reasons. 1. This internship was also part of our graduation requirements, and she was a really nice girl. I didn't want her to fail so I would lend her my notes when she forgot to write something for that day just so she could have a refresher. 2. The people I worked with at the company made it sound like there was NO WAY she could beat me out - my mentor had worked with her and said she was constantly invading personal space and making it difficult to work with. So I thought it wouldn't be that harmful to make sure she got a good grade. 3. I was told that I needed to be friendlier with the other interns, eat lunch with them, and help them out more rather than actually working with the other people in the company and getting to know the other employees. It didn't seem to matter that my mentors were giving me actual work to do... Honestly, I'm not too disappointed, I'm working on my PhD application right now, and so hopefully I'll have some better news soon.

Top comments

Uh, no matter which tense was used, the word "have" was correct. "Does she have big ****?" or "Did she have big ****?" It wouldn't be "Does she had big ****?" Either way, it was a bad joke, but don't be an asshole when you're wrong, too.

Why would you lend notes to the competition?

Comments

Did she have big breasts? That might explain it.

polsen4273 8

This is mostly a YDI since you enabled others to appear better than you.

I'm sorry OP, but it sounds like she is one of those people who depend on others too much and don't really know what's going on so they let others do their work for them. That kind of behavior can get one fired, so maybe karma will be on your side.

Lmao, 100% your own fault. This is why you tell them to **** the hell off when they ask for a copy of your notes.

You must be a delight to work with :) #26

You must be fairly autistic if you take everything you read on FML seriously. :) #32

Maybe unbeknown to you she was the bosses niece...

I'm guessing she had bigger **** than you do and/or she gives better blow jobs than you do the truth that's often the reason that people get hired it's disgusting I know but true

#29: I bet you would have not implied that if a guy instead of a girl had gotten that internship.

noonenoeone 22

That's a pretty solid bet #31...gotta love the rampant sexism of society

4th reason why you gave your notes: you are actually a nice person. Well done OP and I'm positive you'll get a way better internship/PHD/job in the future.

Yeah, actually, I do try to be a nice person, thanks for adding it to my list :)

Eventually you will realize that helping her was one of the best life moves you ever made.

kstates 2

I'm sorry this happened to you but think about it this way, if your working on your PhD than your life is a million times better than mine, like come on, YOUR PHD! That's incredible! Plus the good karma will totally help you out in the long hall. She will more than likely get fired within the first year or at least get passed on promotions left and right. So Happy New Year and I hope all things work out for you and good luck I bet you'll do swimmingly!