By CoffeeGirl2000 - 29/06/2015 19:40 - United States

Today, a woman came through drive-thru and placed a long order while screaming at her kids in back. When we forgot a doughnut, she became enraged, threw her iced coffees at me, told me I was a no-life and that I always get her order wrong. It's my first day and I was only giving her the order. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 151
You deserved it 1 587

CoffeeGirl2000 tells us more.

Hey everyone OP here! I can't believe that this was posted, but thank you for all of the support. Whether you consider it good or bad, I got to go home after the woman dumped the 4 large iced coffees on me. My manager says that woman will be banned from the store for a month because of her reckless behavior. Thanks again everone!

Top comments

Sorry OP, FYL. I had a lady do a similar thing to me on a work trip once. Was my first week, was still learning the ropes and she yelled at me for not 'having a real job.' She came back six hours later, apologized, gave me a cupcake and said it was wrong for her to have a bad day and take it out on me. You may not get a cupcake or an apology, but don't let that one woman impact your life or doing your job correctly!

You can't ever forget the doughnuts. America runs on doughnuts.

Comments

Megatron_Griffin 25

A new girl got my order wrong once but she looked stressed so I just told her I had probably spoke to fast and I will just pay for a new one (only a dollar menu item..wasn't worth stressing her out even more) what that woman did to you was incredibly uncalled for. I met A LOT of nasty people working with the public but I also met a lot of good ones. Keep your head up :) hopefully it gets easier

christinamarie17 29

Welcome to the service industry my friend.

amileah13 26

Unfortunately you will get yelled at for other people's mistakes. Sorry that happened on your first day, but just know that you were not the one that messed up. Good luck op!

Klima_fml 29

People need to learn some respect, sounds like she was quite the bitch.

Yeah i remember in my first few weeks it really bothered me when people got mad for the littlest things, eventually you stop caring and you and your coworkers will generally end up laughing about it.

chrisbee223 6

wow what a bitch. id very kindly tell her to "**** off ****". then find a new job.

Be sure to tell us how that works for you, boyo!

Working in fast-food, I can relate. You're going to get a lot more shit from customers who don't understand how it works in a fast-food joint. It's just how life is, but as long as you remember: you don't get paid enough to care, & if a customer gives you crap for something you didn't do and makes a scene, s/he's the one that's going to be ridiculed by your fellow coworkers--you'll get by.

Kids, bringing out the worst in people since evolution.

voncrane 23

Throwing anything back at a customer is definitely the wrong thing to do in the service industry. Rightfully deserved or not.

expertsmilee 26

I do believe he may be implying that under those circumstances, the innate desire to chuck said coffee back at her might be present and that the urge should be resisted.