By Anonymous - 22/05/2009 08:36 - United States

Today, a homeless man bathed himself in the restroom at my coffee shop in West LA. He locked himself in there for a good twenty minutes. The lingering smell was so strong that my other coworker vomited. Thanks to what is apparently a relatively strong gag reflex, I got to clean up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 085
You deserved it 2 877

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#4 and #5 you both obviously haven't had extended periods of time with the homeless. They gather around my university campus and do nothing but beg, yell, and grab random people for no reason. If you two are so high and mighty wishing this fate upon me because "I don't know their situation" why aren't you two out there personally helping the homeless? When was the last time you let a homeless dude into your house to bathe and gave him a meal? You're no different from everyone else who walks by them without a second glance, so stop pretending you're a better person by "sympathizing".

You think your life sucks, think about how the homeless guy must feel. He has to smell himself every day.

Comments

#39--so you want the employed, productive workers to do away with themselves and leave you with all the non-productive homeless to support? Good luck with that plan! :D

#5, I hope you get stuck in the OP's situation once so you know what it's like to deal with the smell. Where I'm from, they litter the streets. When there's a homeless guy begging for money every couple of blocks, with some of them peeing or even taking a dump on the street at times, it really gets on your nerves.

Occam 0
SomeGuy1234 0

Well that pretty much just sucks.

Some friends and I tried to help one homeless man being beat up by another over a fight about a heating vent to sleep on one night... We ended up being open-hand slapped once each by the angry feisty one, and were lucky he didn't have anything he could use to hurt us. It's very scary to realize you're not in control of an irrational person's behavior. Just saying, it was probably safer for the OP to let the guy go about his business in the bathroom without interruption, because there's a lot less risk of harm to them or their customers...

#39...haha I am in fact a "chick" ;) Thanks for your support.

I agree with #22 and #30. Yes, that's contradicting, but I have a few reasons why. SOME people choose to be on the streets because of laziness (they didn't make the right choices, they didn't think ahead, they waited until it was too late, etc.). However, the one thing I DON'T agree with in post #30, is the alcohol and drug abuse. The mental illness, I get. The alcohol problems and drug abuse, if they chose to start using them themselves, is entirely their fault. I am very AWARE that they are diseases, but it's their own fault that they chose to drink alcohol on a daily basis, or to use [insert drug here] quite often. That is the only thing I do NOT agree with. #20 proves a point in saying that a lot of them didn't think about what they could do to fix the problems. I'm sure that there are some homeless people who were forced into the situation, but certainly not all of them.

idreamofpeace 0

Thank you so much for posting that, #30. That was excellent.

However, the people who are stuck to choose between abusive relationships, mental illness, or have had their house foreclosed, that is understandable. There are situations that force other people onto the street, and that isn't their fault. They are the people I can feel sympathy for and hope that at some point they get their life going in a better direction.