By moneybenny - 07/06/2014 10:17 - Australia - Richmond

Today, a guy I had been casually seeing asked me to dinner. Thinking he could be wanting to make things serious, I got all dressed up. Turns out he got a girlfriend and just wanted to tell me in person to avoid things being awkward. We then waited in silence for our meal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 371
You deserved it 5 054

moneybenny tells us more.

And to anyone saying I could have left... He picked me up in his car and drove me to the place. The car ride home was equally fun.

Top comments

whiskeey 14

Well good thing it wasn't awkward or anything right?

You didn't have to wait in silence with him, you could have just left...

Comments

jrn 14

Isn't the decent thing to at least wait for the food to come?

That would've been better. But it may have made things more awkward because he is sitting there knowing he's about to dump her, while she is sitting there thinking it's business as usual. So she may have been flirting and all the rest, while he had to either sit there and play along, or just break up and stop her advances.

At least he handled it respectfully, although I'm sorry it didn't work out of you, OP :(

KatyLarae 13

My question is how the **** do people find casual partners? Only women I can seem to find are all interested in commitment (ain't lookin for that right now)

I'd assume to a certain point, it gets harder with age. I'd assume more 30 year olds are thinking about serious relationships, maybe marriage and kids than 20 year olds - of both genders.

It's really not that hard. My ex and I quickly realized that while we were physically attracted to each other, neither one of us wanted to deal with the emotional commitment necessary for a relationship. Even though we broke up, we continue to hook up regularly and hang out on a strictly platonic level. A lot of my female friends, and other girls that I know that are my age, are also involved in no strings attached relationships. At this point in our lives, we're all really only looking for fun, and aren't looking to commit to one person for the duration of our young adulthood.

I mean, obviously this doesn't apply to every single girl out there, but as long as you're not creepy, pervy, and/or pushy/desperate, it won't be too difficult to find a girl willing to just hook up. But #54 is right. I'm sure that the older you get, the harder it would be to find a woman who wants to hook up, because by that point, they're generally established in their career and looking to build a family.

Why are so many people bashing the guy? At least he didn't do it over text messaging and sincerely tried to end things nicely.

Well it looks like you won't see him again...sorry OP

austin_hall29 9

You should really get to know someone before you like them