By Anonymous - 15/04/2015 17:18 - United States - Birmingham

Today, a few weeks after teaching my dog to fetch my phone and drop it in my lap, he decided to do it spontaneously. Too bad I was in the bath at the time. There goes a $300 phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 200
You deserved it 21 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Then...why did you train a dog to pick up a $300 phone in his mouth full of sharp teeth in the first place? Surely that was an accident waiting to happen, bath or not.

Comments

ydi for teaching the dog to pick up a $300 phone ... im surprised their teeth hadnt crushed it

The twist is he was sick of fetching your phone all the time and dumped it in the bath on purpose. lol jk.. But really, my best guess is that you use treats for training. It isn't the best idea for those kinds of commands, because he will do them whenever he wants a treat. (the spontaneity you mentioned) Since he's got it down now, try progressing into praise instead and I'm sure that'll solve your problem. :)

I would've had him practice with a toy phone or a similar shaped object until he perfected it before I would have him do it with my real phone

So many things wrong here. First, if you have enough time/energy/patience to train your dog to retrieve your phone for you, you can easily get it yourself when you want/need it. Second, allowing a dog to chomp on a $300 phone? Yeah...sorry have to go with YDI on this one.

ninety 25

Nothing wrong with op teaching their dog a cool trick.

gintwinsmoore 20

don't teach him how to fetch anything else electronic, like your blow dryer or something...

Why would you train a dog to pick up a $300 phone with his mouth anyway?

choirkid1994 4

What kind of phone is $300 to begin with?

luminalunii69 16

Put it in some rice, that usually works.