By what the fuck - 25/08/2013 19:28 - Malaysia - Petaling Jaya

Today, a customer spent ages bitching me out, because he refused to believe he needed to upgrade his computer, which still runs Windows 98, in order to install a modern game for his grandson. He ended up calling my manager and trying to get me fired for scamming him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 454
You deserved it 2 723

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My grandma wouldn't have understood either probably vut trying to get you fired was rude

You mean you can't run Crysis on Windows 98?...huh...I have some reevaluating to do

Comments

He must be very careful with that computer, seeing how it still works and all..

His grandson should show him. Regardless his age, he probably has more sense then him.

Did you catch the typo in the actual FML? *ages

Some people don't care about their elders. I wish people took the time like I did. My grandmother might ask me how to use Skype every week, but I am more than happy to help her. Maybe the customer's children or grandchildren simply don't care.

There's a chance the grandson doesn't know either. My girlfriend is 18 and she needs a step by step guide from me to install a browser add on, never mind a full game.

the person obviously has no understanding of how computers work. and he obviously needs a new computer. if he's still running 98, he hasn't gotten new hardware in forever. his hardware probably wouldn't be able to handle a Facebook game, nevermind anything more resource-consuming.

That sucks /: seems like something you'd get used to working at a job like that though

If your OS is old enough to be in high school, you need to upgrade. And if you're old enough to not understand that, you should let that grandson of yours handle the installation of that game of his.

Wait a minute OP. Are you trying to tell me that I won't be able to play Battlefield 4 on my SNES? I'd like to see your manager...

caohm 18

some people are so old they're just living and that's about it

Can that computer even start crysis?

Plenty of computers have difficulty with that without the unnecessary disability of running Windows '98.

Just because we're in a digital age, doesn't mean that some of the population still bands on rocks with sticks... Sorry, OP, customer service is always a bitch, and doubly so when it comes to computers and IT specifically.