TMI

By MyPoorEyes - 19/03/2015 13:19 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, it was my first day working as a pharmacist. I quickly discovered that customers not only think that it makes me qualified to offer free medical advice, but they also have no qualms about showing me their various lumps, bumps, and vaginal leakages. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 832
You deserved it 3 772

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Steve95401 49

Pharmacists are ranked, year after year, as one of the most trusted occupations. Often times, the customer's situation can be helped by an over the counter product that can be bought in your store.

Comments

Yugena 6

I work in a pharmacy in a small town in the southern area of the US and I can say we get some of the most bizarre requests. We frequently have people call in asking for directions to other establishments, if <insert doctor name here> is open at their offices, and leaving blank check and asking us to drive around town and pay their bills. We do everything within our ability to help, but it is certainly odd to call a pharmacy to order a pizza. (Yes, this has actually happened, more than once in fact.) I'm guessing it is because most of our customers are elderly and trust us knowing we are ultimately there to help them.

Still trying to figure out how someone showed you their vaginal leakage.

Welcome to the medical profession! I'm in nursing school and everyone already calls me to fix their "ailments".

I'm a pharmacy student. In my first year I was told "be prepared to have people drop their pants in front of you". Sucks that it happened on your first day though!

HalfLit 17

Geez. These comments are just as bad as the customers. You people realize that asking a pharmacist medical advice is like asking a grocery store cashier how to make a soufflé, right?