These are lovely

By kittybad - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my wife made me moist cat food burgers as a prank. I didn't have the heart to tell her that they tasted better than the ones she usually makes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 149
You deserved it 4 487

Top comments

friedpwnadge 25

Good guy husband. You might have needed to arrange funeral plans if you said it.

How the hell can she screw up burgers? Meat. Salt. Pepper. Fire. It isn't rocket surgery.

Comments

friedpwnadge 25

Good guy husband. You might have needed to arrange funeral plans if you said it.

Damian95 16

At least he was nice enough to spare her feelings. I give OP props. I'm not sure I could be that kind.

tjv3 10

How twisted is it that your wife had you eat cat food ? But good choice on not telling her the truth

DyslexicPanda 12

Idk, 76, how twisted IS it?

friedpwnadge 25

Best case scenario she would have tried to improve the flavor by adding arsenic.

Actually... he SHOULD have said it! She tried to prank him, "Prank's on you, honey. These are better than your original ones!" BWAHAHAHA.

how is he gunna say she needs it though

Hey honey, you know what would be great? A nice romantic couples cooking class. We get to spend time together and learn to make things we don't know how to.... Oh look. The BBQ class is next. Let's do that one first to see if we like the instructors!

How the hell can she screw up burgers? Meat. Salt. Pepper. Fire. It isn't rocket surgery.

Azeri_fml 11

I can screw up toast. Burgers are way outta my league.

Rocket surgery? Or did you mean rocket science or brain surgery?

Yeah...that was part of the joke. So thanks for making me point it out and ruining it.

perdix 29

It's possible, especially if you are not standing over the grill at all times. The fat from the burgers can drip into the fire causing a flare-up. This chars the outside of the burger into coal while leaving the inside an undercooked vector of E. coli. The fifth required ingredient is Vigilance.

Perdix, vigilance is required to cook anything. I can't add that to the list since it is an obvious ingredient in everything.

dreamsneverfall 8

Basic rule of FML. Don't question DocBastard. DocBastard can operate on anything.

Rocket surgery? I didn't realize rockets had health problems.

Why can people not understand a purposeful malapropism delivered for humor. No way could people understand the humor in great old tv shows like All in the family. And op talk to the flies in your neighborhood, maybe they will chip in and buy you a screen door.

Zimmington 21

Nobody else uses Worcestershire sauce?

Spottedfeather 7

Salt...pepper ? I've never seen anyone make burgers that way...

perdix 29

#79, I use Doc's recipe (with my own Vigilance) and people adore my burgers.

I agree with DocBastard, It's not brain science people!

websphere69 27

... for your submarine....?

Btw Jane's Krazy mixed up salt is absolutely the best seasoning for beef. I have converted hundreds to the cult of this wonderful spice.

zafan123 6

Tell her she makes bad burger. Don't let her think she makes good burgers when she doesn't.

Some people just cannot cook. My wife can burn water. I feel for you OP

lifesucks1217 6

I wonder what burnt water taste like :D

I have burned water before. I'm actually a fantastic cook, but on a few occasions I've forgotten that I was boiling water until it was boiled out and just a pot cooking on the stove. Whoops.

It makes me wonder just how bad a cook she really is; canned cat food smells like ass and I imagine frying it enhances the fragrance.

It does. One time we were cooking burgers and my mom leaned over the counter with an open can of cat food to grab a bowl for it... Gag.

"It's alright honey, you didn't burn the beer."

bamagrl410 31

Burned beer?! Blasphemy, don't talk about wasting alcohol in such a way.

Doesn't cat food look like tuna, not a burger patty?

peachesncreem 21

My cat has food that looks like meatloaf and steak. They're getting really fancy with pet food these days.

Yes it does (some of it anyway) so I'm guessing she used the cat food the way she would use raw hamburger and turned it into a burger patty.

DWT 18

If you wanted to get back at her, you totally could tell her that. Maybe it'd improve the quality of her regular burgers.

What if she replied with stuff like "since you prefer this one, i'll make cat food burger from now on instead.."

than he would get all the necessary vitamins O:-)

arioch_fml 20

It tastes better anyways so I'm sure he wouldn't complain too much.

Although it sucks she made those, you need to tell her that the real ones are disgusting. Chances are that she may may hate them as well but because you "love" them she keeps making them.

Oh lord. You did a good thing by not telling her. And if you do want to tell her, good luck sleeping on the floor, and wear protective gear too.

OP you're a good kitty, your wife is the bad kitty, though if you like eating cat food maybe your relationship is purrfect.