The place to be

By jessicab72 - 15/05/2014 20:38 - United States - Cuyahoga Falls

Today, I got into THE party of the year. Too bad it was the party my daughter was throwing while her father and I were out of town. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 218
You deserved it 5 595

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Time to give her THE grounding of the year.

Sounds like your daughter still needs a babysitter. I hope next time you send her to stay with a friend or relative.

Comments

...you got into the party but you were out of town at the same time... Just be glad you know how to clone yourself.

Her daughter THREW the party while her parents were out of town. Parties last a while, and sometimes parents come home early unexpectadly; regardless, it gives the parents the time to come in on the middle of a huge party beng thrown. And now there's someone else below commenting the same thing. Seriously people; just use your heads a bit.

I'm glad you're here to tell me that OP wasn't actually able to clone herself; I wasn't sure there for a minute. Yes, I know it was a joke, but the fact that #1 and others below are acting as if it's impossible for OP to walk in on their daughter's party after they had gone out of town begged a response.

Sounds like your daughter still needs a babysitter. I hope next time you send her to stay with a friend or relative.

Demig0d6 14
incoherentrmblr 21

Looks like someone is getting the grounding of the year...

XxXBadAshXxX 27

Teenagers can't really be reliable these days. Time for security cameras and a loud speaker that you can access from your phone, so you could scare her if she's ever doing anything bad again.

\ 28

The director of the NSA tips his hat to you, #3.

i dont think we should clump everyone together in one group and make judgements. i think thats highly unfair

but it has worked so well in the past.

Not all teenagers are like that. We get a bad name because the bad teenagers have more publicity than the teenagers of other generations, thanks to all of this technology. I wouldn't even think of throwing a party while my parents were out. So clumping all of us together really isn't fair.

#3, you're 20. You were a teenager very recently.. Would you say you were not to be trusted 2 years ago? My parents trusted me fully and I never threw a secret party in my life. I really don't think generalising like that is going to make your point.

TheDrifter 23

Secret parties sound fun. When I was a kid parties were expected. And we were expected to have the house clean before our parents got home.

These days? Come on, every 80s/90s sitcom had an episode with this plot!

ThatFancyPenn 18

I would definitely not edgy that teenagers can't be trusted. Just quite a few. I hate the argument that all teenagers are stupid and have no future. This is an odd example but that's like implying all milk in a store is sour because of one carton.

You can't really group all teens into one category I've never had a drink or stayed out past 5pm does that mean I need a baby sitter or am I just trustworthy

I completely agree. I am a teenager thag actually would use his time wisely. Like playing my xbox the several hours while my parents are out of town...

anything that says 'these days' instantly gets a thumb down from me.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
rocker_chick23 27

They came home while the party was going on.

meli1195 31

I really don't see how this FML is hard to understand.... The OP simply came home from their trip while OP's daughter was throwing a huge party, which just happened to be THE party of the year.

parents do sometimes come home early to surprise the kids ....

Right though 25! I always remember the time my older sister thought it was a good idea to throw a party at our parents house and a guy got stabbed in my kitchen. This is why you never let people into your home. Also, you will probably get robbed.

Time to give her THE grounding of the year.

Well on the bright side, at least you know she has lots of friends.

rachangie 19

Just because people showed up doesn't mean she has friends...people will always show up for free booze, especially high school students lol

Seems like OP has the ability to manipulate Space-Time.

Seems like you can't comprehend English, either...

Seems like you can't comprehend a little humour.

Except it aint really good humour

sound's like your daughter is going to be missing quite a few fun things for awhile and for future trips that you and your husband go one don't leave her alone because she obviously isn't mature enough to stay home by herself yet.

if I was the parent I would be hiring a babysitter since she cant be trusted.

Two ways you can play this OP. Either join in, dance like a MOFO and act as though you knew all about the party to all and sundry, or play merry hell, kick everyone out and ground your daughter till next year. Your move.

ohishkabibble 21

Better yet, you should've embarrassed the hell out of your daughter in front of everyone at the party by dancing terribly, and drawing attention to yourselves by being weird. Then maybe she'd hesitate to throw a party next time :)

It's a bad idea to pretend to have known the whole time, especially if alcohol is involved. If one of the kids drank and then drove a vehicle and died, the parents would have been charged with manslaughter... always flip a shit when you catch this sort of underage behavior...

Well it sounds like she had a fun time