The passenger

By Anonymous - 21/02/2016 17:10 - Japan - Koshigaya

Today, I was starting a new job and I didn't want to be late, so I took a train that left earlier than normal, just to make sure I'd be on time. Turns out, the earlier train wasn't an express train, and made it to my stop 12 minutes after my usual one did. I was late for work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 455
You deserved it 4 499

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess you could say, that was a train wreck. I'll be on my way

That's too bad. At least now you'll always look closer at the schedule.

Comments

Hammer1722 19

Before checking the location I knew this was from Japan, the trains there were intense.

How about you leave early to plan for travel time

YDI. If it was important to you, you should have checked the schedule. Common sense.

I don't know how the train system works in Japan but don't they announce or display the stops when you're on board? If so, you should have been able to workout that you were on a slow train and could probably have changed to the express before the point where the express overtakes the slower one. Unless the express has no other stops.

KayleeFrye 39

Sorry, but YDI for not checking and assuming that it was an express train. Hopefully you didn't make too bad of a first impression.

Can anyone explain why it says saitama instead of Tokyo?

Something similar happened to me about six months ago. First day in a new job, in a new city, to boot. Got to the train station so I could take the train two trains before the one I actually needed. No 'express' or 'local' worries, thank goodness; my city doesn't have express trains. The train came late, then they let us all get on and sit there not moving for ten minutes, before deciding to cancel the service. I had to run two blocks to the closest bus stop. Luckily, the bus was on time and I made it through the door at 8.29 and something seconds for an 8.30 start.