That'll be 250 bucks

By Anonymous - 23/08/2022 12:00 - Belgium

Today, I'm again stuck with my colleague for another monologue off all her divorces, narcissistic mom, drunk father, sex-obsessed husband, autistic children, and her aggressive dog she had to put to sleep. I feel like I give her a 7-hour free therapy sessions, sucking all the life out of me instead of doing my real job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 960
You deserved it 131

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Noise-canceling headphones. The over-the-head type really says "**** off" to anyone attempting to talk to you.

Ben Deigheau 8

Sounds like you’re just gonna have to say something. Just take your time and come up with something effective but at least somewhat diplomatic. Personally I would just say something like “there’s a reason people go to therapy“, but depends on the person and the situation.

Comments

Noise-canceling headphones. The over-the-head type really says "**** off" to anyone attempting to talk to you.

Ben Deigheau 8

Sounds like you’re just gonna have to say something. Just take your time and come up with something effective but at least somewhat diplomatic. Personally I would just say something like “there’s a reason people go to therapy“, but depends on the person and the situation.

Doom_Kitty 12

that's the definition of passive aggressiveness. Be honest but polite. a human with so many problems should really have an understanding for the fact that others have them, too. and if not? **** it, take back your personal space and take care of your mental health.

Ben Deigheau 8

“The definition”. You don’t know what the definition is. If you speak firmly and look the person in the eye, that’s pretty direct. Also, like I said, depends on the person in the situation. Why don’t you thoroughly read, and actually know what you’re talking about, before you make judgments? You seem like one of those people with a 15 second attention span whose entire knowledge of life pretty much comes from the Internet. In fact, it’s people like you who make it too aggravating to even participate in simple little things like this. I’ll bet you’re really fun at parties.

Talk to HR about what’s going on. Used DEAR MAN , which translates Describe Just stick to the facts. Your co-worker is over sharing her life frequently. Express State your emotions. How does the situation make you feel? You are uncomfortable with how much she overstated. Stuck to the last three recent instances unless they ask you to elaborate. Have dates, times and what was shared listed in a journal to have a timeline. When did it start? Assert State what you want or don’t want. I am assuming OP doesn’t want to have the OP share both so much and so often or ever again. Reinforce State how your request helps everyone. By her not doing XYZ you will be more productive. Be Mindful Stay on topic. Act Confidant Fake it till you get what you need. Negotiate How far are you willing to bend backwards? Maybe state you don’t want to work with her anymore. Good luck OP.