Thanks, privatisation!

By Sivvus - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Reserved

Today, I paid £140 for a train ticket. All the seats were full. When I sat in the corridor the guard yelled at me. I paid £140 to stand outside a stinking train toilet for 7 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 402
You deserved it 3 419

Top comments

Go inside the bathroom and lock the door. Make the trip inconvenient for everyone else too.

Monikabug 9

And no man offered you his seat? MONSTERS! I have a hard time imagining EVERY seat being full, did you just stay in one car for the full seven hours and didn't grab a seat when people got off at various stops? Seems a bit fishy to me.

Comments

I knew this would be a UK FML, even before I noticed you wrote £. Our trains are the worst D: Was it TransPennine Express, by any chance? I've never had an experience with them that didn't end up with late or cancelled trains, being charged twice, or something similar.

TraceCase_ 19

I once rode a Greyhound bus with no seats available for a couple of hours and that was quite long enough. There were 10 or so others standing in the aisle with me so every time someone got up it was like musical chairs. I chose not to play. Never again. FYL, OP, I feel bad for ya!

at £140 I'd expect a seat! surely you could fly for less, unless it was the Hogwarts express!

SpilltMilk2 0

You should demand your money back. If it was a 7 hour trip, I'm sure there are regulations stating that you must have a seat. We have that in the States.

agsquared 4

Welcome to the UK... sounds pretty typical to me, unfortunately

Next time sit your ass down on the toilet seat and STFU.

Why didn't you pay a bit more and book a seat?! lol

was it virgin trains by any chance? i remember they were always rammed a few years ago...British rail are shite lol