Thank you for your service

By Pooper scooper - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - Guam - Yigo

Today, I realized that my dog has more work experience than I do. He's a retired military working dog, and I have a Master's degree. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 136
You deserved it 5 779

Top comments

rg350dx 29

Well since he's retired there's a position opened up as a service dog in the military. I bet they've never had a service dog with a masters degree before!

Aky0n 10

Comments

Time to move somewhere that has available jobs for your profession?

or get a degree you can actually get a job with

Or follow in your dogs pawsteps and take up puppy school, maybe you'll have better luck with that kind of education.

rg350dx 29

Well since he's retired there's a position opened up as a service dog in the military. I bet they've never had a service dog with a masters degree before!

Sit pretty and beg, OP! Jobs like these don't come by very often.

RedPillSucks 31

Military service dogs are more likely to be sniffing out land mines. I don't think OP will want that job.

#10 what if OP happens to like high-risk situations?

colton_colton 49

Exactly! How many people can say they have a dog like that?

JMichael 25

Well it's up to you to make your life worth something. Get out there and get a job that will give you more experience.

It's not that easy in these times, especially in some places, to find a job that has anything to do with your master's, or even any job for that matter.

TheDrifter 23

Can someone please tell me how long the "in these times/in this economy" lines are going to be relied upon? It's been about 7 years now and they're getting as stale as Chuck Norris jokes.

Well I don't know about the USA, but here in France unemployment hit a new record in 2013, job openings are low, and we're still in what we call "The Crisis." As long as we are still in this mess, I guess I'll still refer to it as "in these times."

France has jobs for life tho get rid of that you might find more openings

They're going to be relied upon for as long as the economy sucks. People aren't just saying these lines for ***** and giggles, they're saying them because they're true.

Take your dog with you to your next job interview to impress them.

You have an awesome dog! If he can get out there, you can too! Put that degree to work!

Well now with a masters degree you can join the military as an officer!

Chief Petty Officer Pooper Scooper Education and past professions; Philosophy Master Degree Yeah, no that's sounds slightly inconsistent.

depends on the degree source: retired military