Smart

By Anonymous - 22/08/2014 16:56 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, my boss chewed me out for correcting several spelling and grammar mistakes in one of his reports. The words "Think you're so damn smart, don't ya?" were uttered. I'm his secretary, and proofreading his shit is part of my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 637
You deserved it 3 207

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hes ungrateful. but either way its a lose lose bc if.you dont correct his shit he'll yell at you too

Comments

I guess your boss doesnt mind looking like a jack-ass.

You're dammed if you do and and dammed if you don't. If you left them you aren't doing your job. Maybe next time correct it and send it through with out his knowing.

TomeDr 24

Pulling his fat out of the fire is the job of the underrated secretary. Been there, done that. I once told my boss that the letter he was planning on sending to a few hundred companies was unsulting. He actually called a business contact who worked in sales and asked him who was right and was startled to hear the guy side with me!

Username735 11

Well it is a known fact that if you're not pissing off at least one person for doing your job, then you're not trying hard enough.

I would have told him that. Everybody makes mistakes and tell him um that's why you hired me.

skittyskatbrat 19

Time to get written clarification on whether he wants his ignorance fixed or not....

justawallflower 27

He needs more than a secretary if he cant accept your help when it's your job. F your life

Next time just leave in his mistakes, that will make him look much worse.

I had a boss like this, after a while I figured out how to handle her. I would talk up her job, about how busy she must be, and how much she does for the department. Then, I would tell her that I should worry about grammar and sentence structure, so she could focus on all her important job tasks ^.^ Just be willing to feed your boss's ego.