Silver linings?

By blutownie13 - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I told my ex-boyfriend I lost 20lbs due to the stress of the break up. His response was, "You're welcome." FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 927
You deserved it 28 193

Top comments

ZiggyMorrison 0

YDI trying to make him feel bad of course your gonna get a witty ass comment like that

Comments

Opera_Ghost 0

For all of you saying that she should quit whining because she lost 20 pounds because of the stress of the breakup: have you ever experienced the losing of weight because of the stress of a breakup? Right before until a month or two after my breakup with my first ex i lost about 15 pounds. Sure, I ended up looking great when I finally recovered, started eating normally, and put on a little more weight, but going through the loss of weight was the most horrible feeling in the world! Try to imagine, on top of feeling sad, lonely, and unloved, the feeling of wanting to eat, but physically unable to. How about your parents and friends begging you to eat something, and when you do, you end up feeling sick to your stomach and throwing up. Stop being superficial about the exterior of the OP and sympathize more with the interior! She probably wasn't telling her boyfriend that she lost 20 pounds because of the weightloss alone, but the cause of the weightloss and all the shit she went through during the process! Hope you are doing much better now! Find someone more considerate to your feelings!

Am I the only one who thinks that this isn't FML-worthy?

well i think your ex-boyfriend's comment just confirms that he is insensitive and that you are better off without him. you deserve better.

emililu28 0
justbea777 0

he's an asshole, your better off without him.

Singularity_fml 0

There's a reason why he's the "ex", honey.

To the people saying the boyfriend is dumb because he used "your" and not "you're", you realize that she was talking to him. How the hell would "your" or "you're" sound any different when spoken? I mean seriously the OP is the one with the grammar issues since she posted the comment and typed in what his response was. It would be different in a text format but since it's spoken I'm pretty sure grammar has nothing to do with this.

Ok, so what he said was rude. But at the same time, you shouldn't have been nagging/whining/complaining to him because he chose to break up with you. Grow up and don't act like you're 2 years old and try to find a better guy. There are TONS of other guys in the world, not just him. So yeah, you deserved that comment from him for being clingy/obsessive.

What he said was kind of mean, but It think you deserved it for trying to get pity points.