Self-fulfilling prophecy

By Dave - 04/10/2012 14:44 - United States

Today, I woke up after having a nightmare that my girlfriend broke up with me. Needing reassurance, I told her about it. She became furious with me saying that she'd never do that and called me an "inconsiderate fucking bastard for even thinking that." Then she broke up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 921
You deserved it 3 802

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Vegeto30294 19

Its obvious that you're psychic and saw it coming beforehand. However, you can only use this power in your sleep.

WeAreAHurricane 14

Who said dreams didn't come true?

Comments

Did she delete all the females in your phone while you were sleeping?

I believe op's ex is what I like to call a hippocrite. Get it? Hippopatomus? Hypocrite? Anybody? No? Ok, I know. There's something wrong with me. *hides under rock*

SenselessPattern 12
PleaseStayChill 9

Strange, I also had a dream last night about my girlfriend breaking up with me. Maybe it's a sign me and you are supposed to be together. Hi Dave, I'm Bill.

That girl need to understand what a ******* nightmare is. People get scared and wake up crying sometimes.

NzaHaFML 13

Hmm with your next girlfriend, tell her you dreamt of her giving you a Ferrari and then broke up with you. See how that works out ;D

maliki32 7

The prophecy has been fulfilled!

Vegeto30294 19

Its obvious that you're psychic and saw it coming beforehand. However, you can only use this power in your sleep.

I think it is possible she actually did want to break up with him from the start and just used this as an excuse to break up.

LiyIa_fml 8

She's a bitch. Yes. But she over reacted a bit with the name calling and swearing. And then she does dump him. She's crazy.

chell1894 13

So he's the chick from Medium?

23 Yea it's a possibility that she used that as an excuse but sometimes when you have dreams about your loved ones it's usually a unconscious fear you have about them and it manifested itself in ones dream.

72, I agree that a lot of the time it can be an unconscious fear; however, I once had a dream about my (ex) boyfriend cheating on me, and, without me even mentioning the dream, I found out that it was true the very next morning.

Misskayfoyer 14

92- the reason you most likely had that dream is because while you are asleep the brain thinks about the past day/week or month and tries to solve problems. A dream is the brains way of trying to either predict what the outcome of past events will be or solve problems we are currently having, now while this may not seem true for most dreams it is true for a lot of them. Even the ones we don't understand. Our brains don't always tell us in the most direct fashion, and most of the time we forget the dream entirely.

Misskayfoyer 14

92-in short, he probably was showing the 'red flags' of cheating, but you didn't full pick up on them or you didn't find them suspicious. (And I mean who would? No one expects that) while you were asleep though, your brain pieced those clues together, resulting in the dream. The brain is a fascinating thing..... (Sorry for the rant haha)

A lot of people sound like a know-it-all when they start talking but i see what you're saying and I agree.

I'm not lying I actually have that ability I see it in a dream and forget it and later in life it happens and I remember it

WeAreAHurricane 14

Who said dreams didn't come true?

A dream is a wish you're heart makes, when you're fast asleep....

I'm pretty sure my heart doesn't wish for me to swim around in endless jelly...

Wow guys. 1) it sounds so cheesy because it came from Cinderella. 2) I posted the comment because it was a cheesy from a Disney movie. Sheesh

Trix_Disorder 20

This is actually irony! Good job.

JukeboxValkyrie 19

I would be concerned of what your future dreams/nightmares hold.

KiiwiiRox 6

Well that was stupid of her to say, then do. Not trying to be mean, but USUALLY it means she had been trying to break up with you already and that was her opportunity... Sorry OP!

Probably the reason he had the dream. Subconsciously he knew, his subconscious just trying to say "hey man, prepare yourself".

IQuicklyEscalate 0

This fml goes against the unwritten rules of fml.

You haven't been here NEARLY long enough to know the unwritten rules of FML. If you did, you would know that: 1.)Sirin idolizes Dane Cook 2.)Alan is an (ironic) advocate against mirror pictures (a.k.a AAMP). 3.) Doc has a basement inspired by 'I Am Legend' where he tests FML trolls he's captured to find a cure for stupidity.

unknown_user5566 26

MITM- Well, ****. The apocalypse is surely upon us; you're not supposed to actually put the rules in written form!

BeforeItWasCool 12

Um, er... *waves hand* These are not the droids you are looking for.

astralvagan 20

#20 Doc's troll lab is supposed to be a secret for newbies...... Damn man, now we have to kill him......

These are not the droids I'm looking for...

I don't think 5 comments is enough there big poster. Haha.

unknown_user5566 26

Holy crazy, Batman. If you can't even share a dream you had with her without her flipping out, maybe the break up was for the best.

10 wasn't feeling that reference how about: Jiminy Cricket Batman, bitches be crazy.

SenselessPattern 12

38# You think he's lucky, imagine how lucky Neo must have felt when he dodged several all at once?

Seems to bunny that girlfriend IS the nightmare.

I can see why that was so heavy on your subconscious. You exgirlfriend is an overreacting bitch.