Secret

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - San Francisco

Today, I found out that my boyfriend of two years has a beautiful daughter. That's cool, except she's one year old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 023
You deserved it 2 884

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are you really together for 2 years, or almost 2 years? Don't forget that her mother also carried her for 9 months.

If his daughter is 1 year old, he could have conceived her before you were with him, assuming you've been together for almost 2 years. But either ways, it must've been a shock to learn of it! FYL OP

Comments

She could have been conceived before you got together, 9 months being carried, and being one year old leaves you with 3 months of possible cheating when you first started dating and 9 months of free room where she could have been conceived before you got together. so it may not be as it seems, I suggest seeing the birth certificate.

The real question here is dis he know about the daughter or has he just found out juste like the OP because even if she had been conceived before they got together, Seeing the birth certificate is a very good idea.

JayVicious 20

even if he did know about the child in that situation, he and the mother might have agreed not to introduce (or whatever terms they choose) them to bf or gfs till they feel the relationship will last.

Op please follow up I wanna know if you kicked his ass to the curb. I'm just hoping he didnt know because how can you be with somone for two years and not tell you they have a kid? If he knew, its obvious he wasn't in his childs life. No way he can hide that for 2 years.

JayVicious 20

it might be obvious that he wasnt in the kids life but the reason wouldnt be. alot of women refuse to let them be. he could get rights to be if he pays child support but id say he doesnt cause op would hopefully notice that. if he doesnt pay child support it is also possible he just found out about the kid. and as everybody has been saying they could have concieved before they got together.

There is a small chance that they are adopted. Or that the math makes it in his favor, but I wonder why he didn't tell you.

Well 9 mouths of being pregnant you were dating for around 2 years and the kid is 1 she could nearly be 2 sounds to me your just being a bitch making things up

well 9 months in the womb and maybe the kid is a year and a half old so he could have met the girl before you

abylaunch 10

To all the people saying you are pregnant for 9 months, I would like to point out that a full term pregnancy is closer to 10 months. For instance when you are 2 weeks you are still in your first month even though it hasn't actually been a whole month yet. Most women give birth by the end of their "9th month" when they are actually about 10 months along. If you are a couple weeks late ( usually around the time they induce ) then you would have been pregnant for a total of 10 and a half months. By far the better part of a year.

No, it never even goes to 10 months. My best friend gave birth almost 2 weeks after her due date (at 2 weeks, she'd have been induced). For some reason, I knew when the baby was conceived (it was a one-night, and I had met the guy). So conception happened 9 months and a few days (less than a week) before birth. Had she given birth on her due date, it would have been less than 9 months. The 10 months misconception might come from the fact that the 40 weeks of pregnancy start 2 weeks before the actual "baby-making", as it is calculated based on the last period.

JayVicious 20

hmm if it never goes to 10 months then how did my sister go to 40weeks (10months) my aunt delivered at 41weeks and my friend had to be induced ar 44weeks (11months) they arent supposed to go past 9months now. and they will try to induce at that point NOW, but before that started they did indeed go over 9 months. they say now that it isnt healthy for either the mom or child so thats why they induce if you dont go into labor naturally at 9months. All 3 examples i gave tho happened before they started that. i think the youngest child of the 3 is 7 1/2 now.

abylaunch 10

I would also like to say that even if he did get the girl pregnant before he met her, it still sucks for her that he would wait a whole two years to tell her something so substantial.

i_needa_username 17

Hey. Follow up: he admitted he 'conceived her' a few weeks into our relationship. He's been seeing her ever since.

JayVicious 20

well if thats the case i hope you left him then and at least tooj a nut shot or 2...dozen