Runaway

By Anonymous - 21/06/2022 08:00 - United States - North Providence

Today, it's been 6 months since I last heard from my kid's mother. That's abandonment where I live. I don't know what to do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 878
You deserved it 879

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sue for full custody and child support. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

File a missing persons report with the police.

Comments

Sue for full custody and child support. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Also contact her family and friends to see if they know anything.

File a missing persons report with the police.

Are the kids with you? Is this setting up an alabi for when they do find her? For the first part, if you have the kids, then others said it. petition for full custody and child support (use the state and IRS to help reclaim some $ from wages she reports). if it is the latter, I doubt a post here will help.

In order: contact her family and see if they have heard from her (maybe she got into an accident or something); file a missing persons report if the answer is no; file for full legal custody and child support if the answer is yes OR if the cops get back to you and say she’s fine and just doesn’t want to see/speak to you.

Find the silver lining, sometimes it's for the best ❤️

slhiggx 17

I suggest: (1) Keep on doing whatever you have been doing for the last few months and care for your child, assuming you have been taking care of the child all this time. (2) File a missing person report with the police. (3) Talk to a lawyer or legal advisor. You should be able to get custody and child support from deadbeat mom if the mom disappeared and you have been taking care of the child. If mom took off with the child, still talk to a lawyer or legal adviser - As a parent you normally are supposed to have at least reasonable contact and visitation.

Regardless of the outcome get a lawyer. Since she has been missing for over six months, you should try to find out through family and friends what happened and file a police report. It could have been an accident, it could hav been an illness or some other thing where she can’t get ahold of you. Realize the police may put you as a top suspect if she has gone missing, especially since you are taking so long to report this and the first instinct is to go on a website not to them, and yes they will find this because nothing is private anymore.