Rock, hard place

By coius - 06/05/2020 08:00

Today, after years of high blood pressure and 3 meds for it, a doctor informed me my blood pressure is going too low, and I'm passing out. I've been told to stop the meds. This followed an increase in my meds because it's killing my kidneys. So my choices are kidney failure, or passing out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 571
You deserved it 193

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take the passing out. Having kidneys is supposedly a good thing, or so "they" would have you believe.

zeffra13 31

High blood pressure can damage kidneys due to them having some of the smallest capillaries in the body. If your BP is low enough you're passing out, you can definitely stand to raise your BP a bit with no risk to your kidneys. Sounds like when your dose got raised, it was raised by too much.

Comments

Take the passing out. Having kidneys is supposedly a good thing, or so "they" would have you believe.

my_way_1213 12

there are meds that will raise the blood pressure

Don’t depend on meds. Live a healthy lifestyle.

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

just make your heart healthy? yeah sure, why don't you cure aids with sea water, and cancer with strength of mind while you're at it.

zeffra13 31

High blood pressure can damage kidneys due to them having some of the smallest capillaries in the body. If your BP is low enough you're passing out, you can definitely stand to raise your BP a bit with no risk to your kidneys. Sounds like when your dose got raised, it was raised by too much.

As someone whose family eats healthy, exercises, doesn't drink or smoke, and STILL has heart/blood pressure issues, I feel this on a personal level. Best of luck OP.

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

sounds like your doctors are heavily confused and need to lay down the prescription pad.

bl3ur0z3 17

I'm still stuck on the fact that your doctor had to tell you you're passing out.

coius 23

For anyone wondering why my kidneys are bad, I almost died from something similar to what is killing Covid-19 patients now. What I got in 2001 after really bad walking Pneumonia was soMething called Henoch Schonlein Purpura, and it was the worst case any doctor (even immunologists) had ever seen. It almost killed all gut bacteria, damaged my kidneys, left a rash on my body that looks like i was stabbed with a needle on my skin thousands of times on my body, and made my cough up and through up blood. My testes felt like they were getting a swift kick by steel toed boots every 5 seconds due to its effect. Its a bad autoimmune reaction and it damn near killed me. I was 16 at the time, so really rare for me to get it. Even rarer for the severity. My case was a 1-in-900million chance probability for severity. Extremely rare. And its almost what is happening with Covid-19 patients that is killing them.