Rise

By Anonymous - 03/02/2010 00:01 - United States

Today, I went indoor rock climbing with my uncle and his 5 year-old girl. I'm about halfway up the hardest ascent when my arm cramps up. As I stretched my arm, my cousin yells up at me in her tiny voice, "Prove you're a man and climb that wall!" I fell off. I was emasculated by a 5 year-old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 611
You deserved it 5 760

Same thing different taste

Top comments

e⋅mas⋅cu⋅late   [v. i-mas-kyuh-leyt; adj. i-mas-kyuh-lit, -leyt] verb, -lat⋅ed, -lat⋅ing, adjective –verb (used with object) 1. to castrate. 2. to deprive of strength or vigor; weaken. If you're like me and choose to assume the last sentence is not directly relevant to the other ones, this FML could be hilarious in a whole new way.

Comments

bloodhoundbambam 0

...you don't fall off of walls at any rock gym. Unless the place is looking for lawsuits it can't win, you not only get strapped into a belay and harness, which another person mans at all times to remove slack and add tension, some if not all places make you sign a waiver first.

Could've been a bouldering route. You usually only climb up a total of maybe 12 feet and land on crash pads at the bottom of the wall. Just sayin'.

I actually saw this happening firsthand, as in I saw OP get called out by his 5 year old cousin. Why? I'm the attendant at our rock wall. Which you CAN and DO "fall" off. Because we have a patented auto-belay system installed on each and every run we have. And yes, everyone entering the facility, for the rock-wall, the surfing machine, the gym, or even just the arcades is required to sign a waiver upon entry.

So what. That's why you're in a harness.

That 5 year old girl you referred to is called a cousin...

I guess that's why OP used the word "cousin" in his post.

So basically she's a little brat and clearly your uncle hasn't been raising her very well.

The_Toxic_Mite 0

FYL for not being able to complete the climbing wall. Seriously, nobody likes a smart-arse, especially that 5-year-old bitch.

I'm sure yours is only the first of many balls she'll break before she's 14. Don't take it personally... it's part of the female instinct. Of course, you could have shouted back "get back in the kitchen and wash some dishes!"