Relevant

By Anonymous - 21/10/2015 04:09 - United States - Redlands

Today, it was my birthday. It was also the only day my family wanted to hold the graveside funeral for my grandmother, who passed last week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 129
You deserved it 2 685

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CliffyB03 28
Wiringify 22

First of all, you do not celebrate deaths. You celebrate happy events. Secondly, from a rational point of view, you should give priority to people that are alive. Funerals can be arranged to take place on a certain day, but you cannot choose the date you were born on. Also, I doubt repeating the word '*******' three times in your comment makes it right.

Comments

I spread my grandpa's ashes on my birthday because it was father's day.

I know how you feel OP. My great-grandfather died exactly 2 months before my birthday, and my whole family cancelled on coming to my 18th because it was the two-month anniversary of his death that day. One aunt even told me it was his gift to me, passing away on that date. And on my birthday, the past two years, even my father will post a memorial post on FB for him before I get a happy birthday. So I get where you're coming from. I'd also like to point out, that nowhere does OP state they're not upset their grandparent has passed away. But when it is a day that is commonly about you, to have such a sad event thrust upon it can be upsetting. Think everyone needs to ease up on OP.

SalsaVerdeDonut 22

Did anyone else start singing Circle of Life?

Go celebrate your birthday instead, it's more important

Same thing happened to me a few years ago - it sucked - and no body even realised it was my birthday - not even my mother.

mads_nicole 19

The same thing happened to my sister! Our great grandpa died and instead of getting a sweet sixteen, my sister got to go to his funeral.

Suck it up and stop being so selfish! It's unfortunate, but there will be more birthdays for you to celebrate. Your grandmother's funeral only happens once. Your family deserves to be able to grief a loss like that without someone whining because in the midst of their sadness, they forgot. And sorry for your loss, as well.

Are you dumb? The birthday is more important. Ok she died. Whatever. It was his grandma, she's old and she was dying anyway. He's still alive. Why celebrate the one who's dead as opposed to the one who's alive. She doesn't even know that it's going on.