Protip: Don't

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - Canada - Winnipeg

Today, I tried using hand sanitizer to mask the smell of my armpits at work. Not only did it intensify the stench, my boss thinks I have a drinking problem, because I vaguely smelled of alcohol. I was too embarrassed to explain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 138
You deserved it 25 114

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Go to the bathroom. Take off your shirt. Wash under your arms with the hand soap.

Comments

perdix 29

Your explanation would make your boss think that not only your are an alcoholic in denial, but that you are also a terrible liar and an idiot.

MyaaBayyBee 6

Soap + Water + Deodorant = you're good ! Excuse yourself to the bathroom..lock the door maybe and wash yourself.

lovepandorasaver 11

Deodorant is a small price to pay for being employed.

If his boss fires OP for having a day that most people have then he's an idiot too!!

raelyn75 4

Some people have the issue that deodorant doesn't work for them, or doesn't last. Experiment with types/brands of deodorant. Also, hair is what traps moisture and bacteria, so consider trimming the hair for males and shaving/waxing for females.

This. I have a friend who's allergic to deodorant and people rag on him a lot because of it.

There's many types of deodorant in the world, I'm SURE if he cared he could find a brand that he's not allergic to.

You'd be surprised. He's tried pretty much every brand of deodorant stocked in grocery stores, drug stores, pharmacies and natural health stores. Seriously, his skin is so sensitive that almost any product - scented soaps, lotions, even talcum powder - will give him a painful rash. Even his own sweat does it sometimes. I've been to a few cons with him, shared hotel rooms with him, and seeing what deodorant does to him is really painful. He usually tries to use it anyway if he's sharing sleeping space - he's a really considerate dude - but it hurts even looking at the sores. I've been trying to help him out but no matter what we do, no matter what the doctor prescribes, he's SOL.

They do Botox for your armpits now for people who sweat too much, stops the sweating in that area.

Icejza_DaChilla 7

You fool! Salt is what does the trick! Get your hands wet and put regular table salt on them then rub the solution on your armpits. The smell from BO comes from the bacteria that grows in your sweat. Salt kills and inhibits the growth of bacteria. Obviously a shower, soap, and deodorant is preferred, but sometimes in a rush of you leave the house and forget then this tip could save you some embarrassment. They even sell salt based deodorants. Better luck next time!

I guess you do learn something every day... It makes sense because I used to make my own saline solution when I ran out of it... Bloody genius!

justhanging 6

Will the salt irritate the skin after a while?

Icejza_DaChilla 7

No it won't. It won't be comfortable especially if the salt is still grainy, but I'd take a mild discomfort over smelling like rotten onions any day of the week.

Atleast he tried. I think once before dance class I used air freshener. But that was cuz I forgot to put deodorant on. Some people just stink. Try a better ph balanced soap. Sometimes stink happens with a zinc deficiency. Oxy clean for clothes. And for the salt guy, good idea

You know what else masks the smell of armpits? Soap, water, deodorant, body spray-any number of funk fighting products.

klovemachine 24

Just don't ********** at work :D

christa953 12

You could either get deodorant or say that you spilled sanitizer on yourself, op