Peacemaker

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I thought it would be a great idea to tell my coworker to calm down when he appeared to be very uptight. He thought it would be a great idea to punch me right in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 484
You deserved it 14 263

Top comments

Looks like both of you need to re-evaluate what a good idea is

ReesesPuffs 0

Yeahh... violence is always the answer.

Comments

Maybe you shouldnt be such a bitch to coworkers. :)

Or just man up and deal with the situation on your own. Why get the police involved in something that is done and over with? From the sound of it, op kind of approached his co-worker in a dick fashion and learned the consequences. Obviously it wasn't right but I really think the police have better things to do.

Sounds like the game "5 Minutes to Kill Yourself"... Did you have to go to an office meeting or something? And in all likelihood the guy that hit you got fired, right?

imcutefml 0
dixiefoxx 22

Ouch, that sucks OP :/ but that was totally uncalled for... No matter how much of a bad mood he's in, he shouldn't have punched you

eesh he sounds like a dick! stay clear away from him. i hope he apologised!!

And I thought it would be a great idea to comment

YDI for being an ass. Granted your co-worker was a bigger ass but telling someone who is obviously upset to calm down is just stupid. Distraction and divertion works. But just coming out and telling them to calm down rarely does.

I think the punch was an over reaction but you should have just asked if he was ok. If you have no idea why he is in a mood then you have no place to tell him to calm down.

It was really not your place to tell him to calm down, unless you're his boss, and if you are, fire his ass. Otherwise, mind your own biz, and worry about yourself.