Opportunities

By dogsickftl - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom

Today, I left my hammer outside after putting up my 'For Sale' sign in front of my house. I realised and went outside to get it. The hammer had been used to smash my car window and steal stuff inside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 165
You deserved it 7 168

Top comments

I kept misreading "hammer" as "hamster". It caused me to picture some very confusing and disturbing mental images.

So after you hammered the sign into the ground, you dropped it and walked inside? FAIL.

Comments

Tough luck this happening just before you moved out of that chav neighborhood...but at least you had the right instinct.

ouch. that's what you get for leaving a hammer for people to use to break into your car an steal your crap...

ShokuMasterLord 0

wait- can hammers break tempered glass? i thought there had to be a sharp point to break the glass.

I'm pretty sure that, if you hit if hard enough, a hammer would work. The claw end definitely would. OP: At least you're moving out of that area.

someone broke my windshield with a brick. you need a sharp point only if you don't have something heavy enough.

That happened to me at Brainwas cafe on Folsom St. I was preparing to relocate to Illinois after getting tired of all the hater yuppies and crime,when as I was in my Notebook some crackhead snatched out of my hands... SFPD literally told me hey investigate your own self. I guess thats part of being a Trans in a "liberal",city UUGGGH!!!

Sucks, but the OP shouldn't have left the hammer outside if they live in one of the rougher neighbourhoods in Leicester, because that's pretty likely to happen. OP, move to one of the neicer Leicester neighbourhoods!! Or do what I did and leave there altogether :P

I kept misreading "hammer" as "hamster". It caused me to picture some very confusing and disturbing mental images.

Yeah If you say so mate! I locked my keys in my car years ago and tried to use a neighbours hammer to smash the window and all it did was bounce off! We called the police for advice and they laughed saying a small stone would be better, the windows are designed not to break when hit with a hammer etc! Plus as others have said didn't you hear the smash?!

cactus_fml 0

Hahahahahaha when I first read this I thought it said hamster. "The hamster had been used to smash my car window and steal stuff inside." Boy was I confused.

mschrisaya 4

atleast youll never second guess selling the house