By Anonymous - 08/08/2009 19:01 - United States

Today, at my wedding reception, my father began his speech with "Well, I never, ever thought that this day would come," at which point the entire room, including my new husband, broke into a round of enthusiastic applause. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 511
You deserved it 4 716

Same thing different taste

Top comments

elmyra_duff 0

don't be an idiot. what he meant is he didn't think you'd grow up. that's what parents think. you're always their little daughter.

cucumberfabulous 7

Hahahahaha I wouldn't take that to seriously....I'd laugh too! =)

Comments

What the **** is this shit? Isn't that how ALL parents start their wedding speeches? I've been to like 9, and they have all started something like that. Jesus, even superman couldn't unbunch your panties.

Aw, genius beat me. Seriously, many parents think about their children getting wed, but when it actually comes around it's always a big (and happy) shocker. You know, that's why they cry and all.... Also what five said.

persiancutie 0

I found a great dating site______Meetrich.com_____. The best dating club for seeking the rich singles, sexy beauties and even hot celebs.. what's the most important is that you dont have to be a millionaire.but you can meet one. I think everyone need to meet some miracle after all the terrible stuff in the news and the economy .You should check it out!!!

monicamischief 0

i agree with chances. this isn't a FML AT ******* ALL. he's surprised that his little daughter is all grown up, is all.

lol...well although I agree that maybe people shouldn't post FMLs if they're just gonna bitch...I'm gonna say "people" not "women." Although women are whiny (I am a woman)...

Jess_Love 0

yeah... i agree genius... every time i've gone to one they did that... ydi for not knowing that's what normally happens at receptions...

Maybe he just means he was anticipating it greatly.

maybe the planning was stressful? That's why everyone (myself included) laughed when a similar joke was made at my wedding... YAY WE'RE FINALLY DONE PLANNING!!!!

cucumberfabulous 7

Hahahahaha I wouldn't take that to seriously....I'd laugh too! =)

elmyra_duff 0

don't be an idiot. what he meant is he didn't think you'd grow up. that's what parents think. you're always their little daughter.

Cormophyte 0

Or maybe she delayed the wedding for so long that it bordered on absurdity. Probably her fault.

spiffles 0

I'm pretty sure the OP is just being hypersensitive...

i just don't see the big deal, man am i thick.

EVERYONE HAS A FATHER . . . Dumber the the Oversensitive Pussy who wrote the FML . . .

ivoteno 0

YDI for not getting the joke, #52.

well, technically not adam :) biologically speaking...

everyone who actually EXISTED, they mean.

PhishloverA 14

You're wrong #52. Learn how to tell a joke on the internet. You should know that someone's joking when they say something like that