One law for thee…

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Springfield

Today, I was pulled over by a cop. He told me one of my lights was busted, and I couldn't help but point out that one of his was out too. He said, "Thanks, I'll get that fixed right away." then gave me a ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 965
You deserved it 6 814

Same thing different taste

Comments

The cars cops drive are not their own responsibility. If the cop had a light out it is the dept. who needs to replace it. You however are required to take care of your own car. You got a ticket because you deserved a ticket.

In many areas, you can have a ticket dismissed if you have the issue repaired within a certain time period (usually a few days) and provide proof. I would check to see if this is the case and get it fixed immediately regardless.

But why is it perfectly acceptable for a cop (who is literally trained to spot stuff like this) not to notice they have a light out, but for an ordinary person to not notice a busted light they get a ticket? It's a double standard no matter how you look at it. Yes OP was in the wrong for driving with a busted light, nobody is disputing that, but you can't deny that it is extremely hypocritical to give a ticket when the cop was in the same situation! As far as i'm concerned it should be done on a warning system anyway- there's no leeway for people who have literally JUST had their light busted, or people who are on their way to get it fixed.

You got a ticket for being a jerkoff. Most of the time just saying "Thanks, I'll get that taken care of right away." Will get you out of a ticket.

Well, they gotta fulfill their "Lives damaged" quota. I would go and dispute that ticket if I were you.

Did he get it fixed.I really wanna know.