OK Shaggy

By familydisaster - 05/08/2009 04:13 - United States

Today, I was fired from my job at a local family-ran restaurant. The Reason? The owner's daughter has been stealing money from the register little by little and has blamed me for all the lost money. The boss is still convinced it's me, though, because his daughter would "never tell a lie". FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 575
You deserved it 2 510

Same thing different taste

Comments

Ibeapirate 0

A similar thing happened to me when I was 16, except the person stealing was an older employee. Since I was the only teenager, my boss assumed it was me and fired me. Only when the person stealing took off with a larger amount of money and was never heard from again did everyone realize I was innocent. No apology though. I take comfort in the fact that she continues to hire people who steal. I'm still in touch with one of my ex-coworkers there, and she gives me all the dirt :)

Reminds me of the Simpson's episode when Reverend Lovejoy's daughter stole money and the blame was cast onto Bart...anywho, that blows. Good luck with your next job.

and that's why you don't work for family owned restaurants. The kids of my boss got away with everything. Nothing as bad as stealing, but just overall doing a half-ass job.

I'm not vindictive or anything, but I'd complain to the BBB. Did you ever see her stealing? If you did and remember when, make a police report. You can also probably file some kind of complaint with some local authority, depending on where you live. But a complaint with the BBB and local chamber of commerce will cause a bit of pain, and possibly bring the truth to light.

fallen_dragonkin 12

that sucks. i don't see that there is anything you could do, your boss would probably not believe that his daughter is a thief and if you told him, he would still think it was you covering up for yourself. it's really bad when you've been treated so unfairly and can't get any justification or revenge. hopefully in time the girl will be caught or found out somehow and the truth will come out.

tell him if he thinks you stole from him then he should call the police, else you will sue him for unfair dismissal.

Twin_Uzis 0

If it's family, you probably know where she lives. I think a tire iron through her windshield would suffice.

blue_mandie4 0

FYL, but if the daughter was stealing money and you're fired, the money will still be disappearing unless if she's smart. But she's isn't smart, so she'll continue to steal and probably blame some new poor sap. I would threaten to sue the boss, he has to have evidence that you were stealing it.

thelonelylurker 0

Lol, don't worry. Your ex-boss will realize his mistake soon, the fool.