Office Space 2: Electric Boogaloo

By Jesstanothergurl - 18/07/2016 19:35 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I had to visit a new office building for a meeting. Halfway through the meeting, I got really nauseous and needed to throw up. I ran to find a bathroom, but got lost and ended up in a printing room. With no other option, I was forced to puke into a large envelope. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 653
You deserved it 887

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So THAT'S why my letter never came in the mail....

Comments

In any new situation, assess your exits, your cover, and available improvised vomit disposal devices.

jesstanothergurl_fml 10

It was an empty envelope, and I did dispose of it right after it happened. I am however, very impressed with how well the envelope held up

jesstanothergurl_fml 10

Not in the printing room... This building is severely garbage can-deficient

jesstanothergurl_fml 10

One of the paper-sized Orange envelopes... Thick paper

Gngr_Grl 26

Nauseated: having a feeling of nausea. Nauseous: causing nausea; sickening or disgusting. One who feels nauseated is not nauseous any more than one who has been poisoned is poisonous. Sorry for you either way!

Nope. Every dictionary and any respected style guide will acknowledge that "nauseous" has two valid definitions - "nauseating" and "nauseated". Anyone who continues to insist that "nauseating" is the only valid definition is just being a pedantic jerk.

Gngr_Grl 26

If you're going to claim authority on grammar usage, at least use correct punctuation. Not only would one be more likely take you seriously, but also might consider you intelligent enough for an educated discussion on the distinctions between proper and accepted usage.

tarlax 11

Butthurt detected. It's funny that despite being such a smug pedant, you made two glaring grammatical mistakes of your own. If perfect grammar is so important to you, maybe you should spend more time proofreading what you write instead of blatantly upvoting your own comments. As for your reply to Harperska, I have two words for you: "red herring".

Gngr_Grl 26

It's quite a common thing to proofread multiple times only to discover an error the instant one selects "submit." I have learned several times throughout my college career and beyond to laugh at myself. Despite your stated assumption, I don't expect perfection - that would lead only to eternal frustration. However, if challenged I expect intelligence and effort. You at least gave a fractional amount more of effort, and I thank you for it - even if you do make baseless assumptions and offer little to no support for your statements. Also, I don't stoop to name call. Name calling is abusive, cheap, and a weak defense. I hope we only improve from this point onward.

Gngr_Grl 26

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw I accept that having peace is better than being right, and I bid you adieu. Thank you so much for the opportunity to learn and to better appreciate the wisdom of Shaw.

Actually, I'm genuinely surprised that you were able to think clearly enough to grab the envelope before you spewed everywhere. Well done, OP! I would've been a hot mess for sure.

good call. my Daughter once opened up my car door to puke inside because she was to imbarras to puke infront of everyone after school let out. LOL