Nice seeing you

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Houston

Today, I met my birth father for the first time. The first thing he told me was that if I ever get arrested, I should give him a call so his guys on the inside can look after me. I don't think there's going to be a second meeting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 612
You deserved it 1 804

Top comments

Are you kidding? That sounds like it could be a very useful thing to have.

Hey, at least he's got your back if you get into trouble!

Comments

Hey, at least he's got your back if you get into trouble!

Are you kidding? That sounds like it could be a very useful thing to have.

Just because people have been in jail doesn't mean they are bad people.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
brocho 26

Yes, I screwed up when I was younger and got arrested for battery. I saw it as an opportunity to turn my life around and have. Everyone makes mistakes, and as long as you learn from them and correct them, they can be a good thing. Also, nearly everyone has done something that could've gotten them in jail, it's just a matter of getting caught.

Talis99 26

#19, you're one of those inspirational ones. While I do pride myself on being one of those folk who didn't do stuff that could get the arrested (minor speeding and lying to a boss are the extent of my bad, and yes, they are still bad, I don't pretend they aren't), I don't judge others who didn't do the ultimate bad. Rape or murder or abusing children are unforgivable. Everything else, theft, vandalism, non-crippling battery, etc, I don't know your circumstances and maybe you came from a bad situation and made yourself a good one or maybe you were one of those kids who couldn't resist temptation the way I did and turned it around. My kudos to you. Hey, maybe I'm the boring one and you have stories to tell. Either way, high-five and keep it up.

Keep his number, OP. better call him than calling someone else "daddy"

What if he is a security guard and has other security guard friends inside?

An offer like that could come in handy, at least he wasn't demanding money from you.

I'm pretty sure even if you don't meet your father again, he will keep his promise, he sounds like a nice guy that fell into the wrong crowd

Not everyone who has been to jail is a bad person Be thankful OP . He cares for you :)

Keep his number just in case though. It might come in handy

I don't know in some ways this sounds really sweet. Unconventional, yes, but his heart is in the right place. I guess it depends on how he said it