My name is

By my name is not Alex - 30/12/2023 02:00 - United States

Today, my boss keeps calling me by my coworker's name, no matter how many times I correct her. We all have nametags, and my coworker and I look nothing alike. There is absolutely no feasible way to confuse either of us at all, let alone all the time. I'm convinced she's doing it on purpose to test my patience. FML
I agree, your life sucks 488
You deserved it 81

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Good idea. Every time someone gets my family name wrong, I call them by the wrong name on purpose. When they answer (usually all pissed off), I tell them that my name is [my name]. Works wonders!

tell her to get your name right or you'll be talking to HR about discrimination in the workplace and see just how fast she learns your name.

Comments

mechgineer 3

tell her to get your name right or you'll be talking to HR about discrimination in the workplace and see just how fast she learns your name.

OP, you might start calling boss by the name of someone else so they get the idea of what it feels like... Remember that It's possible that boss is drunk, hungover, or just has memory problems with people's names. I wouldn't just let this slide however because in a work situation it could have consequences. Don't make a big deal out of it, but do correct it.

Good idea. Every time someone gets my family name wrong, I call them by the wrong name on purpose. When they answer (usually all pissed off), I tell them that my name is [my name]. Works wonders!

when she calls you by the wrong name don't respond. when she eventually confronts you about it, look down at your nametag, and say I never heard my name being called

How will you get performance reviews from someone who has no idea who you are? Whatever name she calls you is doing an excellent job and the paperwork will show it, but you? she's never heard of you.